San Diego - Travel Lodge Harbor Island?

Sep 23rd, 1999, 05:02 PM
Brian

San Diego - Travel Lodge Harbor Island?

Message: I am attending a convention held at Sheraton starting Sunday 9/26 and cant get a room there or at the Westin. Is the Travel Lodge decentenough, or might there be another nicer hotel near the Sheraton?

Thanks,
Brian

Sep 23rd, 1999, 06:22 PM
Diane

I plan conventions and have used the Sheraton. We use the Travelodge as an overflow hotel. It's certainly not as fancy as the Sheraton or Westin, but acceptable. You can walk from the Travelodge to the Sheraton, but it is a bit of a walk. There is a path around the marina connecting the hotels. Nice area. I recommend you keep calling the Sheraton or Westin as there are always last minute cancellations.

Sep 23rd, 1999, 07:28 PM
sally

Brian,
I have stayed at the Sheraton and it is a nice facility. Great views of the the bay and San Diego. I don't know of any other choices you have near the Sheraton other than what you have mentioned. The Travel Lodge would also have some great views. The marina walk to the Sheraton is REALLY nice, but probably close to a mile. Have fun.

Sep 24th, 1999, 03:45 AM
Maira

Brian, MAKE SURE exactly which Travelodge are you making the reservations. There is a Travelodge close to the Sheraton. Nice, comfortable, clean (across from the harbor walkway). There is ANOTHER Travelodge about a mile away, dumpy-looking and I wouldn't walk to Sheraton if I were you.

Sep 24th, 1999, 04:25 AM
Audrey

We were given a room at the Travel Lodge by United Airlines when our plane had mechanical problems; I was very pleasantly surprised. It's on a marina, lovely views, etc. The only problem was that we were in a smoking room--but that wasn't anyone's fault; we were glad not to be sleeping in the airport.