I'm brazillian and my wife and I want to travel from San Diego to San Francisco on early November.
We are planning to make it in 2 1/2 days. We know it would be better to spend more time, but that's the time we have, unfortunately.
I've read many posts on this site about this route, but since most of them consider a longer trip, we're not so sure about what would be best for such a short stay.
Our plan is:
Day 1: Leave San Diego early in the morning, about 7:30am. I guess we would arrive in LA around 10:00am (is it possible?). Then, we would leave LA at about 3pm to Santa Barbara, and arrive there around 5pm (is it possible?). Considering we would only have 5 hours in LA, what would be the best things to do within this period??
Day 2: Leave Santa Barbara early in the morning, around 8:30am and get to Hearst Castle about 11:30am. After visiting the Hearst Castle, I intend to leave there about 2pm (are 2 1/2 hours enough to visit it??) and get to Monterey at about 5pm. Stop to visit the famous Aquarium then go to Carmel in the evening and sleep there.
Day 3: Leave Carmel at about 9am and arrive at SFO about 11:30am.
Is it possible? How can I make the best in this short period?
What can't I miss in LA within the 5 hours we'll have?
Is it possible to stay the whole time in the Highway 1 for this journey or should I get 101 on some path?
Thanks a lot, Guilherme
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 2 US cities that enforce jaywalking?
- 3 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 4 Dulles to BWI
- 5 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 6 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 7 Our next summer trip
- 8 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 9 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 10 Family winter holiday
- 11 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 12 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 13 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 14 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 15 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 16 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 17 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 18 Muir Woods - new rules
- 19 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 20 Padre Islands
- 21 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 22 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 23 NASHVILLE
- 24 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 25 4 days in San Diego