Notices

San Diego Hotel Near Beach in June

Feb 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

San Diego Hotel Near Beach in June

My husband and I will be travelling to SD in early-mid June and are looking for a near luxury hotel within walking distance or close drive to the beach. I have heard about the June gloom in SD any recommendations? Looking at Loew's Coronado but not sure about the proximity to Coronado town, also La Jolla (Grande Colonial or Hotel Parisi) or further North in Del Mar. Any suggestions for a a nice place for R&R for a couple in their 30's? Price range preferably under $250/night.
Feb 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM

Loew's Coronado is a nice hotel and the beach is close but you do have to drive into the town of Coronado. It's a few minute drive but sometimes parking can be a problem although the beginning of June shouldn't be too bad.

Grande Colonial and Hotel Parisi are right in downtown La Jolla so there are shops, restaurants, etc right there. You can walk about a block to the beach area.

As far as June gloom not much you can do about it. Some June's are fairly sunny and others can be socked in for most of the month. One thing about June gloom is that it usually burns off away from the coast, so if you head inland the weather could be nice and sunny. For example it could be gloomy in Coronado but nice at Balboa Park and the Zoo. No guarantee of that but it's ususally the case. I live about 12 miles inland and there have been some Junes where we don't see the sun that often.
Feb 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

paula1470 - Thanks for the reply. What do you think about the Del Mar area? The L'Auberge Del Mar seems nice but maybe isolated? There seem to be so many nice hotels i'm having a hard time narrowing down which area we would want to be in.

Search this Thread