Search

San Diego Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Diego Hotel

I have already posted this topic, but for te life of me I can't find it!
So I apolgise if it seems like a repeat.

I am looking for suggestions for a nice water or city view hotel for our 2 days in SD in November.
Need to be able to have family of 5 in one room, but not necessarily a suite. Breakfast included would be good.
We will have a car to get us around and I really like the idea of still being able to see SD from our room at night.
Don't want to spend more tha $150 if possible.
Any recommendations greatfully accepted.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 10:13 PM

Click on your name up in the header and all of your previous posts will come up to the left.
With 5 in a room, Priceline wouldn't work. I don't know of any big view rooms in that range...maybe someone else can help?
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Original Poster

Found it!
Thanks Icuy.

Anyone else with hotel ideas with a nice view?
thanks
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 02:17 AM

The $150 is going to be tough - San Diego is an expensive city.

We stayed at Best Western Island Palms - it meets some of your criteria. We had a 2-room suite with balcony (or you can get a patio if on first floor). Bedroom had 2 queen beds, LR had sofa bed. Advantage for us was full kitchen. Kitchen is well separated from other areas so you don't feel like you are living in the oven. Since we had teenagers we saved a lot of time and money this way - although we never cooked, we bought breakfast food and one night got roasted chicken and salad for dinner.

Hotel is on Shelter Island, with beautiful view of marina, and on other side view of water passageway thru which you see all sorts of Navy vessels. Also across water from airport - but in distance and one never hears planes because of flight patterns.

Island has walking/running paths (it is not relly an island but a man-made spit of land) and several restaurants are in walking distance. Hotel has nice pool area.

Disadvantage - it is not walking distance to any attraction, etc. But we found drive was relatively painless to anyplace we wanted to go.
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 03:41 PM

Check out tripadvisor.com - you'll see all the hotels, prices and reviews. FYI we stayed at the Bahia in Mission Bay last year and really liked it