Search

San Diego - Downtown to La Jolla Cove

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Diego - Downtown to La Jolla Cove

Good Afternoon,

I have a question regarding using the bus service from Downtown to La Jolla Cove. This is our second trip to SD and we used the buses and trolleys all over the place a few years ago and it did not bother us one bit, however, we have not been on this particular route. We want to go to La Jolla to spend a few hours. Our last trip we had the kids in tow so we used a local company to shuttle us up to La Jolla for the day, and then return to get us late that afternoon. For just my husband and I we don't want to spend the cash to rent a car or pay for a shuttle on this trip. We always rather enjoy public transportation in the cities we visit - it gives us a chance to see more of the local people and sights. According the SD transit the trip from downtown to La Jolla Cove is best done by the 30 UTC Via Old Town, BP, La Jolla route and takes about 55 minutes. Will we get to see some "interesting" things along this route? We don't particularly want to rent a car for this day trip and have to mess with directions, parking etc... Any insigts? Thanks so much, Vacationmom
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 01:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
From the map on sdcommute.com, this route goes along Interstate 5 for about half the time, then you go down Grand to Mission Blvd, which will change to La Jolla Blvd to take you into La Jolla. It should be a pleasant ride.

Old Jul 13th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help Barbara. I think we will give this a try. I appreciate your response. I remember a few years ago when I planned our San Diego trip you were very helpful! Vacationmom
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 05:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You're very welcome! I don't know when you're coming, but we are having VERY hot weather right now, and it doesn't look as if it's going to cool down much for a while.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Barbara,
Yes, I've heard about the hot weather. I've been tracking it each day, plus I have talked with a couple of people as I've planned our trip and they have stated that as well. We will arrive on mid-August and stay for a week. Hopefully, it will cool down, but anything will be better than what we have here in Fort Worth. It hit 102 yesterday - actual temperature - and the THI was 105. So, I'll take any relief I can get. We are very excited. We just fell in love with SD a few years ago when we came with the family and we have been anxiously awaiting and saving for a return trip. Thanks again for your help! Vacationmom