Reload this Page >

San Diego: Catamaran Resort v. Bahia Resort v. Paradise Point

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Sher

I'm planning on traveling to San Diego in March with my 7 yr old. We are going to rent a car,and would like to stay at the beach, but also plan to drive to the zoo, museums, etc.

The Bahia, Paradise Point and Catamaran Resort all look like great choices to stay if you have kids - but I can't decide!! I definitely want an ocean view to gaze at and relax during "down" time.

Any suggestions?

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 08:20 AM
paul

I would recommend the Catamarran. It is very well located along a boardwalk on the bay and accross the street from the beach. It has a tropical setting with birds that your 7 yr old (and you) will enjoy. I like it much better than the Bahia but I am not familiar with Paradise Point.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Sher

Thanks, Paul. I believe the Paradise Point Resort was formerly the San Diego Princess. Does that sound familiar?

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 03:44 PM
katie

Have you looked into the Pacific Terrace? Very nice, right on the beach. Great sunsets.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Paul

The San Diego Princess is very nice. But it is not as convenient to the (ocean) beach. It is on the bay and there are lots of activities there. But you would need a car to go anywhere else. I would still choose the Cat but you won't go wrong at Paradise Point.