San Diego Belmont Park Memorial Day Weekend

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never been but since we are certified roller coaster junkies am wondering if it might be worth a few hours. In town over memorial Day.

I assume it will be mobbed, parking next to impossible, overpriced, filled with screaming "undesirables" (depending on one's point of reference...not my own please note).

But is the place run down, beat up, etc., etc.? Anything like the amusement area in Santa Cruz?

Thanks.

Old May 14th, 2007, 06:35 AM

It's not like Santa Cruz with lots of other attractions--except for the restaurant across the street with two wave pools and tables in the sand. Yes, it will be mobbed.
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:27 AM
TahitiTams

Hey Dukey,
I am huge fan of the Belmont Park Roller Coaster..for one its a wooden and it has a punch to it..short and sweet..
parking will be crazy but doable..
They have a wave pool that is a lot of fun..cleaned up the place and a fun place to go..not like Santa Cruz.
I am a big fan of Coaster Saloon across the street for cocktails and cheeseburgers..super dive but a local hangout..love Luigi's for a slice of pizza and salad..across from Jack in the Box.

belmontpark.com

Old May 14th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for taking the time to reply to another of my arcane interest posts...we'll probably end up checking it out at some point and I'll put it in the trip report.
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM
ltt

i enjoy the roller coaster but it is a little rough...so people with bad backs, i would not recommend riding it.
that area is very busy memorial day long weekend. by afternoon, the traffic barely moves. i would recommend being down there before 10:00 a.m. if you hope to get a parking spot. or, park several blocks away and walk in. it really is crazy by the afternoon.