Sams Town

Aug 17th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Original Poster

Sams Town

Thanks to all who have helped in the past my with video poker question. I'm now looking into possibly staying at Sams Town, as they have a nice rate on the internet. I understand that it's away from the strip (not that important to us), but would like to hear about the accoms. ammenities and their players club. Thanks in advance, Mike
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:03 AM

Have stayed there twice - my Mom likes it a lot (plus she gets a coupon every month for free stays as she is in their players club and does a fair amount of slot work when she goes). The rooms I have been in are not at all luxurious, but they are perfectly acceptable, very middle of the road - like a Holiday Inn Express perhaps. One or two beds and a bathroom. Not fancy. They can be quite far from the elevators down some long corridors.

The Atrium in the middle of the hotel has a woodsey theme and a little laser light howling wolf show every couple of hours or so. There is a fast food court and a nicer restaurant - Billy Bobs Steakhouse - Actually, we had a really tasty fun meal there. They have a buffet too, and a coffee shack. I just looked at the website for Sams - they have some other rest. too- Italian(this was just going in at my last visit) and Mexican. There is a sports book, but I did not think it was too nice. I they had a cinema. They had a big bowling alley. There is a shuttle to the Strip, but we had a car.

I would suggest looking at their website: http://www.samstownlv.com/main.cfm
there is lots of info there, but really, it is a perfectly nice place to stay with everything you probably need.

Aug 17th, 2004, 11:04 AM

I have a buddy who swears that Sams steakhouse, Billy Bob's (no kidding) is the best place to have a reasonably priced quality steak.
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:24 AM

Everything about the place is "just okay". The quality of the food in particular seems to have gone way down in the past couple of years, we won't go to the Steakhouse anymore as there are plenty of better options in town in the same price range where the quality is much more consistent.

You have to really scope out the place to find the full-pay video poker machines, the comps are really no better than anywhere else although they are particularly good about inviting you back for 3 more free nights and a chance to lose more money.

Rooms are "just okay", basic, on the smaller size with a decent-sized bathroom...you can choose outdoor mountain view or an indoor view of the atrium. Pool area is very small.

Search this Thread