safe hotel in Ocean City, MD for young women

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter and two friends (all 19) want to go to Ocean City for a few days this summer. Any advice on "safe" areas for young women or hotel recommendations? My feeling is that they stay on the boardwalk..drive to the hotel and park the car, then walk everywhere. Is that possible? Any areas better for young women than others?
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:29 PM

Yes, the boardwalk would be good. It goes up to 28th St I think. There are lots of places to eat and shop there. The Dunes Manor is nice. It ia at the 28th street end of the boardwalk. THere is a bus that goes all over Ocean City for reasonable prices.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 07:06 AM

I agree with the boardwalk, especially with Dunes Manor. It's a good location and not quite the rowdy crowd that some of the "mid-boardwalk" hotels gather.

Lily
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 09:35 AM

When are they planning on going? If we are talking safe I would advise AGAINST going at the beginning of June when 9 million graduating high school seniors and younger college kids descend upon the area.A lot of the decent places wont even rent to under 21s those couple weeks.It can get really crazy then and not so safe sometimes. i know officials there are trying to clean up the act there then but..... Do agree though with the Dunes Manor suggestion.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 11:56 AM

Good point Bethie! Besides the water is much better late July into August (actually September is best).
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 12:03 PM

My extended family has been staying at Harrison Hall at 15th street/boardwalk for nearly 40 years. The hotel is slowly getting renovated, so some rooms are not as nice as others, but it is a wonderful location and a decent place to stay. It's far enough up the boards that it isn't in the carnival atmosphere, but close enough to walk to anything.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 05:43 AM

My friend runs a the only B&B in ocean city and her husband and her are both great people. The name of the place is the Inn at the Ocean and her name is Vicky Barrett.

David Schwartz
Inn at 2920
Baltimore