Reload this Page >

safe and reliable transportation from the airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 1999, 03:53 AM
Laura Lee

I will be arriving at Logan very late at night and am looking for a reputable, reliable, safe, and private limo or van service to pick me up and take me directly to the B&B in the Back Bay/South End area. Any suggestions? This is my 1st time in Boston.

Old Nov 4th, 1999, 08:26 AM
Dick

I've lived in and around Boston for most of my life. Why not just take a cab? They're as safe and reliable as any of the other options.

Old Nov 4th, 1999, 05:12 PM
Betsy

I second the Cab. I live in Boston and take cabs from Logan everytime I fly. I've had NO problems whatsover. However, if you feel strongly about a limo service, the company I work for uses Lifestyle's limo service. Try looking at www.boston.com and I'm sure there is a place you could find a company there.
Good luck!!!! Let us know where you are staying and we can give you directions from Logan so you know the driver is taking you in the right direction!!!!

Old Nov 5th, 1999, 11:02 AM
eliza

If you are dead set against cabs, you could try the US Shuttle. You don't need an advance reservation, just call when you pick up your bags. I'm pretty sure the ground transportation info center in each terminal would have their number, and if not, they're in the phone book. They run maroon-colored vans (nothing fancy) between the airport and the greater Boston area. When you call, you tell them your terminal and final destination, and they'll tell you when they'll be there. Some words of caution: they won't take just you, but use a carpool method to take passengers going in the same general direction, so you will have to share the van and maybe even make a few stops on the way if yours is the furthest one. They won't leave the airport until the van is somewhat full, so you may end up waiting for them or with them, in the van, at the airport, for a while (I think the longest delay I've experienced was half an hour). Also, I've known them to get lost on some occasions (but in fairness my house is off the beaten path). They cost less than cabs-last time I used it I think it was about $12 to Cambridge, compared to about $30 for a taxi, but you get what you pay for.

Old Nov 6th, 1999, 09:12 AM
Boss Ton

I'd have to cast my vote against the shuttle van in your case, Laura. Partly because you are headed downtown, and those shuttle services save you the most money when you are heading out to the suburbs.

Also, not to scare you, but to make you aware: there was a case last year when one of these shuttle drivers in Boston drove a woman from Logan into the woods, where he attacked her.

I normally would take a cab in your case because it'll be late at night. An alternative that is a step up from a cab ride (in comfort, and in price) would be Boston Coach. They are a limo/transport company. You can arrange in advance to be picked up. I have personally never used them, but many people in my office do, regularly. Go to www.bostoncoach.com to check them out.