Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Sacramento area GTC - Early planning (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/sacramento-area-gtc-early-planning-744516/)

janisj Oct 23rd, 2007 08:10 PM

Sacramento area GTC - Early planning

A week or so ago Kal, mrs. Kal, Cobbie and I met for dinner and among all the other shmoozing/yakking we talked about putting together a Sacramento GTC.

No decisions about where/when - except that maybe somewhere in mid-town might be most convenient/central (or maybe "equally inconvenient") for everybody from Roseville to Placerville to Vacaville ;)

The Holidays are rapidly approaching (Gawd - WHERE did the year go??? ) so we may be looking as far out as Jan or Feb.

So - who's game? Any suggestion re venue, when, or anything else?

BarbAnn Oct 23rd, 2007 08:47 PM

DH and I are game. We are on the road for the next two months. (One long vacation and and two short ones). Late January or Feb. is good for us.

Just let us know what you decide.

janisj Oct 24th, 2007 08:19 AM

Three vacations - lucky you :)

I think Feb is best for the Kal's too.

janisj Oct 24th, 2007 05:46 PM

ttt

mjs Oct 24th, 2007 07:58 PM

I may be able to come. I hope not to be around during Thanksgiving but otherwise I am open on dates.

janisj Dec 13th, 2007 09:08 AM

TTT

(yes - I know it is a <i>GTG</i> - where did that &quot;C&quot; come from?? #-O )

LoveItaly Dec 13th, 2007 09:18 AM

Hi janisj, if I can work it out I will be there as you know. And yes what has happened to 2007? I can't believe it is almost Christmas. But I am all ready except for the wrapping of some presents. Maybe this year I will get some cookies baked!

FainaAgain Dec 13th, 2007 09:20 AM

From Roseville to Vacaville? Does it mean, San Francisco excluded? :(

janisj Dec 13th, 2007 09:28 AM

Faina: &quot;<i>Does it mean, San Francisco excluded?</i>&quot;

Noooo. Since &quot;valley folk&quot; are graciously included in SF, we'll certainly allow SFers up here :)

LoveItaly: Back when this was first posted, Christmas seemed so far ahead - where DID the time go???

FainaAgain Dec 13th, 2007 09:56 AM

Then put me as &quot;maybe&quot; and let me know when the deadline is.

janisj Dec 13th, 2007 10:01 AM

Got ya - we don't have a date yet, so we don't have a deadline, but you'll be the first (or one of the first) to know :)

paula1470 Dec 13th, 2007 10:33 AM

Looks like I will still be having the Sacramento area in my sales territory for a little longer. Would love to finally meet some of the Sacramento Fodorites. Faina, I could always give you a ride from SF if needed. So although I am from So. Cal, I will still crash the GTG. :)

FainaAgain Dec 13th, 2007 10:37 AM

Thank you, Janis and Paula! It all depends on the date of the GTG, not sure if I'll make it.

Shanghainese Dec 13th, 2007 01:07 PM

I thought Faina is going to ride up in style on car top!

paula1470 Dec 14th, 2007 07:39 AM

Shanghainese-You're right! That's one of the reasons I was going to the GTG. So I could see Faina arriving on the car top waving her orange Fodor's bag. Well I suppose I could always strap her to my car!

FainaAgain Dec 24th, 2007 04:19 PM

Too bad my cast is off already, I assume everybody would want to write some (not so) nice on it :))

mjs Jan 2nd, 2008 11:04 PM

We are in London now but would be up for a GTC when we return. Off to Bruge today.

janisj Jan 3rd, 2008 08:20 AM

I'm so glad you topped this. I was looking for it yesterday and couldn't find it even using Google . . . .

We can start looking for dates that work in Feb. Should we plan on a weekday evening or weekend? Maybe we could do a weekend lunch -- or??

paula1470 Jan 3rd, 2008 02:02 PM

janisj-I would love to meet all the Sacramento Fodorites. The week usually is best for me because I incorporate a trip into my work schedule. However if you want to do a Saturday lunch I would stay over Friday night. I am glad you are looking at dates because I need to put together a trip up there fairly soon.

As far as Feb, the first weekend is out for me. Also the week of Feb 25. But any of those middle weeks are good.

FainaAgain Jan 3rd, 2008 07:21 PM

Just saying hello and topping.