?'s about Colorado

Jun 4th, 2002, 07:48 AM
reezy

?'s about Colorado

I will be visiting Durango and Pagosa Springs in July. ANY tips/experiences/suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated!! Also, has anyone ever stayed at the Spring Inn? feedback pls). Finally, any restaurants that we shouldn't miss. THANKS SO MUCH!

Jun 4th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Connie

Be sure to do the Durango/Silverton train trip. I highly suggest you go by train one way and bus the other. Round trip is very long.

You will enjoy walking around Silverton. It is an old mining town that has kept its' charm.

Jun 4th, 2002, 09:56 AM
travellyn

I've never stayed at the Springs Inn, but I've heard it's a nice place. It looks like a regular, somewhat low-budget motel from the outside, but it includes admission to the springs. It also gets a lot of repeat business, a good sign.

I always hate it when people say to do a search, but in this case, I think a search ("Durango" and "Pagosa Springs", to start) would provide a lot of helpful details. I topped a brief thread about restaurants.

Post again when you have more questions.

Jun 4th, 2002, 01:41 PM
deevee

If The Spring Inn is the motel right next to the hot springs, then we stayed overnight there last summer. It was nothing special but it was clean and comfortable and the front desk clerk was nice. Your room rate includes 24 hours at the springs. I'd stay there again.

Search this Thread