Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   RSVP to SF 5/23 GTG (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/rsvp-to-sf-5-23-gtg-705405/)

Shanghainese May 15th, 2007 03:54 PM

RSVP to SF 5/23 GTG

5/23 Wed at 6:30 pm GTG at the Shanghai House, 3641 Balboa Street, SF across from the Balboa Theater. Phone # 415/831-9288, bring cash only.

easytravel, Faina, Melissa, iamq, marteen, Paula, trippinkpj, valerie, moon, withkids' family of 4 and me.

Others are more than welcome to join us, just post it here at your earliest convenience. The restaurant is closed Tuesdays so I'd like to let them know the head count on Monday.

Thanks very much and I'm so excited to meet you all!

LindaL May 15th, 2007 08:36 PM

Count me in. Thanks.

easytraveler May 16th, 2007 06:36 AM

Hi Shanghainese! Thanks for reposting for a final headcount!

Naturally, count me in! :)

Two other items:

1) Besides the red wine, Nerello del Bastardo (the blended Nerello/Brunello wine), I will also contribute a few bottles of Chandon Champagne (for you, Faina!), the very drinkable Blanc de Noirs made in Napa Valley. I'll have to check to see what white wines are available in my stacked boxes.

The final number of bottles I will bring depends on the final headcount.

2) Also could those who are catching a ride with me to/from the restaurant please email me and confirm time and place? I need a final headcount to decide which car to bring - the Civic or the minivan.

Me too! Really happy and excited to meet "old" and new Fodorites! >:D<

trippinkpj May 16th, 2007 07:43 AM

I was a maybe, now it's likely I will be out of town next week. Thanks for including me. :-)

paula1470 May 16th, 2007 07:58 AM

I will be there. Faina, let me know if you need a ride. I am stopping by an account on California St around 5pm for about a half an hour then will head to the restaurant. Faina, if I pick you up then you can give me directions otherwise I will mapquest it. Can't wait.

Shanghainese May 16th, 2007 08:40 AM

LindaL: Glad to hear from you, was wondering where you have been. You know we won't go hungry at this GTG!

ET: Expect to have a final headcount by Monday, unless there are same day changes.
I e-mailed you the carpool info.

Paula: Looking forward to seeing you again, let us know whether Faina rides with you or ET.

trip: see you next time!

PamSF May 16th, 2007 08:52 AM

I'll be working but have a fabulous time with one another:)

FainaAgain May 16th, 2007 12:50 PM

Hello, All, working out details with Paula through e-mails. See ya! Yes, I will remember to bring the main tool for ET :)

iamq May 17th, 2007 05:49 AM

Can we bring our own food? :-D

easytraveler May 17th, 2007 06:41 AM

iamq: I don't see why not!

We're bringing our own wine - the only restriction is having to use their teacups for the wine.

In your case, the only restriction I can see is that you'll have to use their chopsticks. :)

PamSF: Wish you could come! Will toast you one! ((d))

Faina: Please don't forget the "Main Tool"! ((P))

Shanghainese May 17th, 2007 07:23 AM

iamq: We don't want you to go hungry so bring sourdough bread and cheese!

iamq May 17th, 2007 07:35 AM

You guys are so thoughtful! Marteen was able to find a source for baby cow intestines, so we might bring a plate of those. I wonder how soy sauce would taste with that?

FainaAgain May 17th, 2007 10:19 AM

ET, my main tool is not working properly! (as I am not a man, this may not sound funny). I mean, I can have pictures on a CD, then what? I don't have a website to post, and too lazy to learn how :)

Kealalani May 17th, 2007 11:06 AM

Oh iamq! Now you're making me rethink and jump on a plane.... nothing like those baby cow intestines - so sweet and tender and underdeveloped.....

Have fun all!

Shanghainese May 17th, 2007 03:00 PM

Faina and ET: No worries, I'll bring the tool, somebody else would have to work it.

MelissaHI May 17th, 2007 03:11 PM

Faina, I'm techie....I will post for you!

ummmm.....I eat intestines, too.

Shanghainese May 18th, 2007 11:28 AM

Calling valerie, moon and withkids?

Shanghainese May 18th, 2007 11:45 AM

Lucie: didn't mean to leave you off! Coming?

FainaAgain May 18th, 2007 01:11 PM

Paula confirmed: she'll pick me up so I can be her pilot to the unknown :)

Melissa, thank you! I have a couple of past GTG pictures, maybe I can copy them all together on a CD and mail it to you? I'll send you an e-mail when the pics will be ready.

FainaAgain May 18th, 2007 01:12 PM

Oh, Shanghainese, I meant the camera and my inability to use it properly! Not the wine opener :)