Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Rose Bowl parade & game....how bad is the traffic and parking?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Randy

A co-worker,from LA said all the hassels make the parade and game not worth it! What about city buses? Have never been,might go next year.

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Gary

I've been to the game and parade three times. I think the best way is to pack a tailgate-like lunch and park at the stadium before 7 am. Walk up to Orange Grove or Colorado and watch the parade. Between the parade and the game there are hundreds of tailgate parties all around the stadium. If one leaves early enough, the traffic isn't bad. After the game of course, it's not great, but the experience makes it worth it. Don't know about taking the bus--never would cross my mind to try, I guess.

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 06:08 PM
wendy

I've been to the parade a few times and the game once - if you get there early enough, you can find street parking. I've never had a problem with traffic to or from. For the game, suck it up and pay $10 for stadium parking - it's a loooong walk to the Bowl from outside.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 03:52 PM
scurry

I had _heard_ that it's not really advisable to try to do both the parade & the game because you have to get up so early to get a good parade location.

For the game parking, you park on a golf course. It's very important to remember what hole you park on because it can be dark after the game & it all looks the same.

The game is a lot of fun.

Go Trojans!

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 06:26 PM
Cali

If you are going to be in L.A. I would say do both the parade and game. Lots of people do and it isn't that hard. Yes, you have to get up early but it is a fun day - especially if your team wins. This coming year the parade and game will not be on the same day as the National Championship Game is two days later than the Rose Parade and it is being played at the Rose Bowl this coming Jan. You will enjoy the parade and game - especially if you have never been to either before.