Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Rooms at the Hyatt in Kauai . . . the debate continues

Notices

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:02 PM
SamanthaJ

The whole Hyatt atmosphere in Kauai looks just like what we're looking for. I did some searching here and the rooms sound pretty bad.

Let me ask you guys this:

For those of you who have stayed there, what room category did you stay in?? I'm just trying to find out if some categories are nicer than others. (I mean, like the furnishings, etc. Not the size & view).

Thanks for the help!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Paul

My wife and I stayed in an full ocean view room on our honeymoon last June. From what I could tell our room was the same as all of the other categories except for the view. If we had to do it again we would probally get a lower catagory room instead of paying more for the ocean view. One suggestion, make sure to get a room that is not on the ground level. The bugs can get pretty bad in the rooms on the first floor........

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 02:36 PM
AllyinSD

We stayed in a partial ocean view room when we were there. The only way we could see the ocean is if we stood at the edge of our balcony and leaned over. There are so many plants at the hotel that they tend to block alot of the ocean view, plus the hotel is set back from the beach. If we went again I would go for a lagoon/pool view room. From what we could see, all of the rooms had the same furniture and layout.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Patty

We redeemed Gold Passport points for a standard room and were upgraded to a ground floor suite which had a separate bedroom, living room, dining room, foyer area with half bath, and full bath off of the bedroom. There were two sets of sliding doors which led to a patio area. Although the patio was not really private, we never saw anyone walk by either. We were located near the spa and the Regency Club lounge. We thought the room and furnishings were very nice and didn't see any bugs during our stay.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 03:35 PM
harry

We stayed at the Hyatt Kauai twice and we got a 1st floor garden room. Never ever saw any bugs in the room. They spray so much pesticides around you should be more worried about that! Garden rooms are great because you can walk out your slider to the pool & beach, and if you join Hyatt gold pasport club they might upgrade you to that level for free. If you want bugs try staying at some of the condos! We stayed at a very nice condo at Puamana on Maui. The condo was on the water with a breathtaking view but was loaded with cockaroches and ants! All of the major hotels that I know of spray pesticides like crazy. They also spray all the plants and flowers, with the residue overwashing into the pools. So, no bugs!