Rooms at the Four Seasons Big Island?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Vicki

Hello!

I am in the final stages of booking my honeymoon for late September this year.

I have decided to stay at both the Four Seasons Maui and Big Island, however I am quite confused as to which room I should choose at the Four Seasons Big Island.

I definitely want the outdoor lava rock shower (can anyone who has stayed there please comment on it? Is it as nice as it looks on the website?).

But I do not know if I should spend the extra money on the Ocean View or Ocean Front room... How is the view from the Golf/Ocean view room? For those of you who have stayed there, was it still a beautiful view from the Golf/Ocean view, or would you suggest going for the Ocean View or Ocean Front to make a truly special and memorable Hawaii experience?

Thank you so much for your help!!! I really appreciate any feedback and advice you can give.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Vicki

OK - figured I would put it back up here for another shot! Thanks!!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:58 AM
ally

We stayed at the Four Seasons on the big island about six years ago and it was probably one of the most wonderful places I have ever stayed. My now husband proposed to me there and we would one day love to return for an anniversary. We did not have an ocean view room and I really do not remember missing out on that aspect. The lull of the waves are heard from any room and I don't think you could go wrong with your choice. The outdoor lava rock shower was wonderful but again, it is really the atmosphere of the entire hotel that will make your stay magnificent. Staff is phenomenal and will meet your every need. Not touristy at all and very quiet and isolated. If you enjoy golfing, this is a very fun course and breathtaking with the green fairways against the black lava rock. Don't know if this has helped but I really don't think you can go wrong. If it continues to eat away at you, go with the ocean front room to make certain you are satisfied. Congratulations!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:44 PM
Brent

There is not a bad room at the Four Seasons big island. All rooms form cresents around the golf course, swimming pools and Kings Pond Lagoon and all face the ocean. All rooms are the same size and we preferred the upper level with a spacious lanai over the outdoor 'zen' showers. Both rooms are identical up or down, we just wanted to avoid noisy neighbors with heavy feet. -My preference is to save the extra bucks with a golf, ocean view and indulge in the resort extras...

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:26 PM
Zola

Vicki, the 4Seasons on the Big Island is incredible. We were just there last fall.

One thing you might want to think about.......our room was oceanview second floor and we viewed awesome sunsets every night. The only bummer for us was that we were in one of those cresents around the "kiddie pool", and there were lots of families with kids - this ruined it for us (not very romantic). If that bothers you, you might want to request that you not be placed in that area.

We did request another room, but they claimed to be full

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 11:08 AM
larry

I would concur with the previous posts. The basic tradeoff is between a second floor room with a better view and a lanai, or a first floor room (cheaper), with an outdoor shower. I was at the Four Seasons last June and had a great time. If you are looking for quiet, the crescent that surrounds the artificial tidal pool (they've stocked it with rays and schools of fish so it's great for snorkeling)is best because that pool only has limited hours (not open early in the morning or after 5 pm). The outdoor lava rock showers are fun, but I would prefer a second story view. Ocean view or ocean front rooms on the first floor may be partially obstructed by trees, pool, etc... If you are planning a trip for late September, children shouldn't be an issue. If you really need peace and quiet, just set up at the adults-only Beach Tree pool.