Romantic Weekend in Sedona

Feb 1st, 2005, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Romantic Weekend in Sedona

I'm planning to surprise my girlfriend with a romantic weekend in Sedona. I am considering either Enchantment or L'Auberge de Sedona. I'm not concerned about budget. So, in these circumstances, which would you choose and why?
Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:18 AM
emd

There are many prior posts on both places on here- tyr searching fo rthem if you have not already. I did an extensive post on Enchantment in last few days for another post. The two places are completely different re location and feel.
Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip. I actually had searched and, while there were many helpful posts, including yours, none really seemed to address the precise issue of romantic feel that I am looking for.
Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
emd

It depends on what is "romantic" to you two. Personally, although I have some problems w/Enchantment, I'd rather be right in the red rocks and the canyon and be able to go out my door to hike. That would turn me on. L'Auberge has a more traditional romantic feel, cozy cabins and rooms (I visited someone staying in a cabin), a VERY top notch restaurant (I have eaten there- wow) and it is creekside- tres romantic in the traditional sense. I do think you can get the sense of it from reading the posts and tripadvisor reviews, but anyway I guess you'll have to unless someone else answers...
Good luck! The whole town is romantic really, just ebing in the environment. You don't have to pay the huge bucks for the romantic feel at those two places, unless you just want to. Heck, I feel tres romantic just staying at Desert Quail there, and it is $89 a night for a great king 4 poster southwest bed w/fireplace and large sitting area and great red rock views.
Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again. I hope I'm not imposing by asking you questions, but here goes. If you were going to do only one jeep tour, which would you do?
Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:32 AM
lvk

I have stayed at L'Auberge, but not Enchantment, though I researched both before our trip.

Although "romantic feel" is very subjective, I do believe that you may get more privacy in your private cottage at L'Auberge. Make sure you get one that fronts Oak Creek, with "Snoopy Rock" in the background. Room service breakfast on your front deck is very special. (However, I do seem to remember some assertive ducks and geese who may come around the same time that your food does )

Also, since L'Auberge's pool area is nothing special, I believe you may cut down on your chances of having lots of kids around. If you happen to be looking for a great pool area, however, then Enchantment would be more to your liking.

I agree that the creekside restaurant is wonderful, as are the spa services. (the hot rock massage is my favorite).

Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM

Either way I would recommend L'Auberge for dinner. I had one of the best meals ever there (but also possibly one of the most expensive). But worth every $$$.
Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
lvk

Forgot to emphasize - L'Auberge offers IN-ROOM spa services. I know Enchantment has a spa, but I don't know if it offers in-room service. Not many resorts do.

If you were planning on massages, this might tip the scales a bit.
Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all who responded. I've never posted before and the information I received has been very hepful!
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:50 AM
emd

tburke: Regarding your question on the jeep tour, that particular question on which one is "best" and what they are all like has also been reviewed in many posts on here. I have not done any jeep tours in the many times I have been to Sedona; we just prefer to hike the trails.
BTW, if you do intend to hike or just do a walk on one of the red rock trails, check the posts on that too. What could be more romantic than taking a picnic out to one of the great red rock viewpoints. If you go to the area out by Enchantment, Devil's Bridge comes to mind- huge freestanding arch that you hike to (about 30 min moderate-easy hike that my then 11 and 13 yr olds did w/us) and then walk out on the arch "bridge" to picnic on it. Amazing. And there are romantic sunset venues everywhere. It's so wonderful there.
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:51 PM

We stayed at the Grahman Inn and Adobe Casitas in the Purple Lizard Casita. It was the ultimate romantic accomodation, my and my husband's opinion. Their website is www.sedonasfinest.com. It is a full service B & B but not an inn and it's location is within a neighborhood, but the rooms have excellent red rock views. I loved the place and would definitely stay there again.
KathyH
Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:27 AM

My husband and I recently stayed at Enchantment. It is absolutely stunning. It is very remote and evrywhere you look there is a wonderful view. You could sit on your back porch and have wine looking out to the beautiful Boynton Canyon. THe restuarants also have panoramic views of the Canyon. It is stunning! My vote goes to Enchantment.
Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:28 AM

I did one of the Pink Jeep tours with 2 friends, and we all loved it.

Karen

Search this Thread