Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Romantic Anniversary need help... (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/romantic-anniversary-need-help-546903/)

GregoryP Jul 26th, 2005 05:30 AM

Romantic Anniversary need help...

Planning a romantic weekend to celebrate our 30th anniversary. It will be our first visit to Boston and we have plans to stay at Jury's (on advice from the board) mid-Sept. We plan to see the historic sites of Boston of course, but we'd like to "go to that wonderful place to have a drink and take in the view, have that romantic dinner and then dance. What would be your favorite restaurants and Boston must do's to make the weekend complete and utterly memorable.

aggiemom Jul 26th, 2005 12:49 PM

ttt for Gregory

peggybauer Jul 26th, 2005 01:40 PM

Hi Gregory, congrats. For views, drinks and dancing, I would recommend the Bay Tower Room. The views are amazing. Ask for a table with a view. I wish I could recommend it for dinner, but the food, though above average, has prices that are too high to be believed. There are many wonderful restaurants, it depends on what type of food you like. I suggest one of the on/off all day trolley tours. There are many different companies competing for tourist dollars, many include a short Boston harbor cruise. I discovered by accident that the prices are very negotiable. Boston Duck Tour is a very fun way to spend a coulple of hours. Other sites (museums, music etc.) depend on your interests. If you want more specific reccomendations I'd be happy to share some of my favorites.

peggybauer Jul 26th, 2005 02:30 PM

It just occurred to me that if you put Boston in the title, you would get more feedback.

HankR Jul 26th, 2005 05:04 PM

Here are some of the best restaurants in the city. Check their websites for menus.

No. 9 Park, Clio, Hamersley's Bistro, L'Espalier, Abe & Louie's(steak joint), Aujourd Hui in the Four Seasons, Meritage in the Boston Harbor hotel and the dining room in the old Ritz Carlton.

There are more, but these leap to mind. Also, the old Ritz used to have dinner and dancing on their roof patio. It sounds like that just what you're looking for. Congratulations.

GregoryP Jul 28th, 2005 10:08 AM

Thank you all for you suggestions.....we really appreciate your input.

gyppielou Jul 28th, 2005 10:45 AM

What fun GregoryP.........I once met a Gregory Peck! As far as I know the Baytower room has closed. A Duck Tour is good. If the swan boats are out....very sweet and romantic. A stroll thru the Northend sampling cannollis from Mikes and Modern....so you can decide who makes the best. No veiw, but truly wonderful for a predinner cocktail would be the Oakroom at Copley. We also love relaxing on sofa's at the Bristol Lounge at the 4Seasons....perhaps before or after that swanboat ride and stroll thru the beautiful Public Gardens with and amazing collection of trees. Love all of Hanks suggestions other the Hammersley's and Meritage...Abe and Louise isn't romantic but gets highpraises...just my opinion. A harbor boat ride would be nice that time of year.