Reload this Page >

Rodeo Bar & Grill in New York City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 06:52 AM
Kate

Anyone ever been to The Rodeo Bar & Grill on 3rd Avenue and East 27th Street in New York City? I checked out their website and it looks fine. Even has a good menu. My husband and some of his band members are going to listen to a singer from Nashville performing there on Thanksgiving night and I was invited to tag along. Just wondering what it's like, etc. Thanks to all who reply.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:17 AM
thereuare

I've had a few drinks there in the early evening, but have never been there while a band was playing so i can't comment too much on the crowd. However, i will contribute that they make a pretty good frozen margarita.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:50 AM
tommy

One side is a restaurant serving the hamburger/wings kind of fare. The other side is a bar where the live music is. Decor is what New Yorkers picture "southwest roadhouse." Crowd is generally young, white, professional. The neighborhood is better known food-wise for a variety of good ethnic restaurants, including LAnnnan for Vietnamese, Bamiyan for Afghani, Vatan for Indian, Turkish Kitchen for the obvious, all on 3rd Ave. btw 25 and 29 Streets..

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:54 AM
xxx

Hmmn. Cold beer, good margaritas, decent food, live music. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 03:47 PM
suzanne

I've been there a couple times...Tommy is right on. Fun place.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:02 AM
Kate

Thanks for the replies. I'll be going after all. If anyone is interested the singer from Nashville is Alison Carmona. She's supposed to be a very good singer who has an equally good band.