Notices

Roadtrip - Orange County to Napa

Mar 16th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Roadtrip - Orange County to Napa

We live in Orange County and have a wedding in Napa Valley , we plan on making the wedding trip into a road trip. but we've never been to napa (it will be in Rutherford) and we're not sure what the good spots are along the way.
1.how many days should i plan the trip for?
2.what are the good destinations along the way.

Thanks!
Mar 16th, 2007, 01:24 PM

First question - When? could make a big difference.

Also "how many days?" - how many are possible? You could do it in two days but 2 weeks would be better. So about how many days were you considering?
Mar 16th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

the wedding is on 10/6, we're thinking about leaving wed night and coming back monday.
Mar 16th, 2007, 02:17 PM

OK - it is a minimum 2 day drive each way (unless you take the nasty I-5 and then it is a loooooong boooooring full day)

So w/ a Friday wedding you really should just get there as quickly as you can.

If it were me I'd leave early Thursday morning and just drive straight through (stops to eat/stretch of course) to Rutherford. Spend the day Friday before the wedding (assuming it is in the evening) seeing a few wineries.

Then on Sat morning I'd head south and stop somewhere along/near Monterey Bay (Monterey/Carmel/Pacific Grove) for 2 nights. You could see Monterey and Carmel of course - but also Big Sur and some of the State parks in the area. The main reason I say 2 nights is most decent places require a 2-night minimum on weekends. Then Monday a.m. I'd drive south from there - partly on Hwy1 and then on 101 for the drive home.

Search this Thread