My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://www.myfitnessfacts.com/amabella-skin-cream
- 2 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 3 I need help
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 Travel Shenanigans
- 6 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 7 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 8 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 9 Newport Beach restaurants
- 10 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 11 4 days in Miami
- 12 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 13 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 14 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 15 A Few days in Museums
- 16 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 17 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 18 travelling from Miami to New York
- 19 Las Vegas TR
- 20 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 21 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 22 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 23 First time in the United States
- 24 3 days San Francisco
- 25 Vacations in New Orleans