I'm new to this forum but already found a couple of very helpful tips and suggestions for cool road trips. Just to get all my bases covered, the following questions;
We are a couple (35-40) from Amsterdam, Netherlands and are in love with USA. Our honeymoon we spent traveling highway 1, last year we did Florida, we never miss a year without going to NYC, in short; we love America!
The next trip i wanted to plan i really need your advice;
Next May we will fly to New Orleans, spent a week there for the road trip:
New Orleans - Vicksburg - Meridian - Montgomery - Mobile - New Orleans
Then we will fly to Atlanta for a weeks trip of:
Atlanta - Macon - Savannah - Charleston - Myrtle beach - Columbia - Augusta - Atlanta
These cities/towns i indicated are not set in stone, they are just the points in our route which way we would like to travel (1000km in a week seems do-able)
We're a big fan of the south, would love to experience southern way of living; the food, music and culture. Love the "True Blood' feel of plantations, swamps, humidity etc. I know; may sound weird, but you will get it once you've been in Amsterdam
My dream was also Savannah due to "Midnight in the garden of good and evil", also; you'll find me nuts but again; visit Amsterdam
Would really appreciate all tips and suggestions ons both road trips, maybe visit other cities/town, or take an entire route altogether?
Would love to hear from you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I need help
- 2 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 3 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 6 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 7 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 8 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 9 A Few days in Museums
- 10 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 11 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 12 Newport Beach restaurants
- 13 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 14 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 15 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 16 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 17 4 days in Miami
- 18 travelling from Miami to New York
- 19 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 20 Travel Shenanigans
- 21 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 22 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 23 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 24 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 25 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
Roadtrip Atlanta, Macon, Savannah, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Atlanta