Road Trip to Rockford

Mar 1st, 2009, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Road Trip to Rockford

This Saturday (2/28) DH & I drove from Naperville to Rockford, IL. We had tickets to see Cirque du Soleil Saltimbanco at the Rockford Metro Center.

We drove out Saturday afternoon. We met friends at Maria's Italian Cafe. It is a little family place, nothing fancy. But lots of good food. We had the "pasta feast". Salad, pizza bread, garlic bread, mostaccioli, tortellini, meatballs, sausage and ice cream served family style for $15/pp. By the time we left the place was packed with patrons waiting for tables.

Then we were off for the 5 minute drive to the Metro Center. We had front row seats. DH & I have seen several Cirque shows. This one was great also. I was shocked to see so many empty seats. The Metro Center was half empty for Cirque du Soliel on a Saturday night! In Chicago they always sell out! Rockford is not that far from Chicago. It is only 1 hour from Naperville. We can get to Rockford almost as fast as we can get to downtown Chicago & it doesn't cost $20 to park!

I wrote this report so other people in the Chicago area might consider Rockford as opposed to downtown Chicago. Unfortunately Cirque closed on Sunday 3/1.

After the show it was back to Naperville. We were home by 11:30 pm.
Mar 11th, 2009, 09:08 AM

So you went to Rockford to see a show on 2/28 that closed the next day and wrote about it here on 3/2?

I don't get the point or the usefullness of this.

Search this Thread