My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas TR
- 2 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 3 Where would you go in March?
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 RV Grand Canyon
- 6 I need help
- 7 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 8 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 9 New York in 5 days
- 10 Newport Beach restaurants
- 11 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 12 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 13 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 14 Expedia
- 15 Italian Provisions
- 16 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 17 girls trip / oregon
- 18 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 19 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 20 Vacations in New Orleans
- 21 4 days in Miami
- 22 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 23 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 24 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 25 Yosemite lodging ideas