I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Muir Woods - new rules
- 2 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 3 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 4 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 5 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 6 meridian
- 7 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 8 4 days in San Diego
- 9 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 10 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 11 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 12 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 13 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 14 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 15 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 16 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 17 Family winter holiday
- 18 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 19 Galveston
- 20 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 21 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 22 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 23 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
- 24 Padre Islands
- 25 NYC hotels...asked often but would like suggestions