I will be in the Pacific Northwest from August 1st till August 13th and looking for the best places to see (I have never been anywhere in that area). There will be two of us- both active and outdoorsy- and we hope to hike, bike, visit vineyards and/or breweries, and see both Portland and Seattle. We are considering some or all of the following in any order: Mt. Rainier, San Juan Islands, and the Oregon Coast. Any ideas on the best path/route? we are planning on flying in/out of seattle so I was thinking we could do Seattle to Portland along the oregon coast, and then back in the other direction more inland through Mt. Rainier and maybe wine country ? We are open to any suggestions about what is most important to see, what routes are best, where to eat, where to stay, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Business Networking Meetings
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 4 NY theater district restaurant
- 5 Trip to Cali
- 6 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 7 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 8 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 9 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 10 Big Sur weather in early December
- 11 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 12 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 13 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 14 Our next summer trip
- 15 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 16 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 17 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 18 Dulles to BWI
- 19 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 20 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 21 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 22 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 23 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 24 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 25 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...