Reload this Page >

A nice hotel in Sarasota?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 09:51 AM
Jesus

Any comments about the Radisson Lido Beach Resort Sarasota, or the Hyatt Sarasota... Colony Beach and Tennis Resort? Any suggestion?
Thanks.
JFZ

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 10:20 AM
CMcDaniel

The Colony Beach and Tennis Resort has a great reputation, but be prepared, it's also quite expensive. Am not familiar with the Radisson. The Hyatt comes fresh from a complete renovation, BUT, they are on Sarasota Bay, not the Gulf, if that is important to you. Saw your post on Sanibel, and the same comment applies to the Sanibel Harbour Resort. Both are located at or near the causeways leading out to their respective barrier islands, but if it were me, I'd opt for staying right on the beach, rather than having to drive to it. That's doubly true for Sanibel, where that causeway has a $3 toll.

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 05:34 PM
Thomas

Jesus, Take a look at http://www.SimplySarasota.com for more information on Sarasota and it's surrounding islands.

Great information on Accommodations, Attractions, Activities, Dining etc...

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 06:43 PM
xxx

Make sure and go see the Ringling Circus Museum and Estate - a delightful way to spend the afternoon.

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 09:52 PM
Sal

The Radisson is close to St. Armand's which has many nice shops and restaurants. I don't know anything about the hotel itself. The Half Moon Bay Resort on Lido is also nice. If the Colony is in your budget, you should also look at the nearby Longboat Key Club. IMO, it is the nicest resort on the beach in that area.