Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Battery Park- How are the rooms?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Has anyone stayed at the RC Battery Park? If so, what did you think? Any input on the rooms/lobby/service would be greatly appreciated.
I would like to book a harbor view room.
Initially I wanted to stay at the RC Central Park, but the rates are approx. $300 more compared to RC Battery Park.

Thanks.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 05:21 AM

Try trip advisor.com
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 07:06 AM

In my experiences staying there, the rooms are great, good size and excellent bathrooms. Harbor view ones have tremendous views both night and day as you might expect. Sunsets are quite something as the sun sets in the distance over New Jersey. Ask for a room on as high a floor as possible for maximum views. Service was good.

I think downtown is a great choice, you can walk or get quickly by subway to SoHo, Tribeca, China Town, Little Italy, etc., IMO much more interesting neighborhoods than mid-town with more shops and restaurants, esp outdoor restaurants. An easy subway ride up to Times Square and mid-town if you need to get there.

If you have Marriott Reward points, I believe this is one of the few Ritz-Carlton's that accept them for stays.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Yes, thank you. I have already checked the reviews posted on Tripadvisor.com
Just wanted to get additional feedback from my fellow fodorites.

Old Aug 13th, 2004, 11:16 AM

I stayed at the RC Battery Park over fourth of July weekend. It was quite nice. We had a harbour view room, and even though we were low (3rd floor), we could see the Statue & the Harbor just fine! There is a park in front, so the view was unobstructed. I agree - big bathrooms, which we liked, so both of us could be in there at one time (vs. some tiny hotel bathrooms), but would have been better if two sinks (no big deal). Service was fine, and lobby, as with the other RC I've stayed at, is small. But there is a small lounge area with tables, and a restaurant and outdoor tables adjacent to the lobby check-in area.
Definitely check out the Rise Bar/rooftop on the 14th floor for the views, but be aware that the outdoor part closes at 10 pm (seemed early for NYC, and patrons wanting to have a drink after dinner.
Enjoy!