Notices

Review of VRBO # 397913 Monterey, CA

Jul 13th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Review of VRBO # 397913 Monterey, CA

As I was hesitant to rent the house due to the lack of reviews, not believing a few positive reviews on VRBO, I want to post my review. Not a report as due to a family emergency we didn't do much in Monterey.

The photos reflect what is really there, but there is so much more! The 3 bedrooms are grouped together with the full bathroom and the kitchen. We rented this house for 6 people, but one couple had an emergency. With 4 adults all was fine, but with 6 we’d have to wait to take a shower. This would be the only issue.

Every bedroom has spare pillows and blankets, there are plenty hangers and shelves. The bathroom has a hairdryer, flexible shower, and so many spare towels: I don’t think I saw as many in a store! There are also beach towels at the bottom of the cabinet.

Kitchen has everything that is possibly needed. All sorts of pots and pans, dishes and glasses, teapot and tea kettle. There is a manual for the coffeemaker. Plenty of kitchen towels and place mats, paper towels and napkins, salt and pepper. The dishwasher works well.

The ½ bathroom is on the way through the laundry room. A nice back yard with patio furniture. The dining room has a large TV with detailed instruction how to use the remotes, a table with 6 chairs. The family room has a smaller table with 4 chairs. Both rooms are huge; they have plenty of couches and comfortable soft chairs.

We didn’t call the owner as it was easy to communicate by emails, the entrance and exit instructions were clear, the security deposit check was mailed to us just 3 days later. Overall we were satisfied with everything in the house, and would definitely recommend it to friends.
Jul 14th, 2014, 04:34 AM

Dayenu:

Glad you were happy with the property and hopefully will add your review to the 20 reviews already listed on VRBO - even when there are many more reviews I always feel a little nervous.

Curious as to who controls who is allowed to add a review to a property on VRBO?

Thanks for posting.

Sandy
Jul 14th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Sandy, they don't allow reviews on VRBO to be posted by people who stayed in houses. I sent a review, and they auto-replied: we will review your review, and notify in email if it will be posted.

I doubt there would be any negative reviews, and this is why I posted on Fodor's: when I was looking for a review, there were none on other sites.

Search this Thread