Reload this Page >

Results of complaint to 4 Seasons Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 05:04 AM
beth

I thought Fodorites who had been kind enough to offer their advice and support when I posted an earlier message asking if I should complain about poor service at the Four Seasons would appreciate an update.
At the forum's urging, I wrote a letter to the manager of the Four Seasons I stayed at during my recent wedding. I promptly received an email indicating that they were looking into the matter and interviewing staff. About 10 days after the initial complaint I received a formal letter, indicating what had gone wrong with the service that day, and apologizing for the inconvenience on my wedding day. He then invited my husband and I to celebrate our first anniversary at the hotel as his guests. We were happy with the results, and I thank everyone for their input.

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 05:08 AM
Howard

Good for you. As I said before, if something goes wrong, the hotel wants to know about it! Glad to be of help! (So, take that all you skeptics out there!)

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 05:14 AM
Heidi

That's wonderful news--for you and for those of us who have had our faith restored!

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 06:18 AM
MJ

That's great! Here's hoping that your anniversary stay is much better.

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 06:38 AM
raeona

Isn't it great to find a company that understands what "customer service" is about? Glad you got a good response...plus a fun anniversary to look forward to!

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 08:37 AM
Ruth

So happy for you, Beth! The Four Seasons can only enhance it's usually excellent reputation by their response!

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 10:03 AM
kam

Congratulations, Beth! I'm so glad you followed our advice and hope you will enjoy a wonderful first anniversary. The Four Seasons will benefit also from our good attitude towards them.

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 04:50 PM
Donna

Beth: See there? And, what a prompt response! Do hope you are looking forward to your first anniversary! Typically, you are requested to let them know who you are upon arrival (when you are "comp'd") and they bend over backwards to take care of you! Thanks so much for letting us know the results!

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 04:39 AM
Cira

Writing a letter and advising, almost always works. I had a problem with a Marriott I stayed in - leaky roof - and I got 2 nights free when I came back. They were very professional.

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 06:07 AM
Parrot Mom

Delighted you received a fast response... But, I've learned another lesson...whether in a shop or in a hotel if you receive unusually good service, above and beyond...it is great to let management know that too...

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 05:20 PM
Lisa

That's great that taking the time to document and formalize your frustrations led to a satisfactory result. Unfortunately, my husband and I had a similar experience at the Bavarian Inn in West Virginia (I believe a 4 star Inn)- we were very dissatisfied with our room and literally had to check out a day early due to excessive smoke seeping into our requested "non-smoking" room (we later realized that it was not) and a horrible sleepless night. Their response the next morning was horrible so we left. While they did respond to our letter, they practically stated that it was our fault and had no excuses for the extreme lack of customer service that their staff displayed. Despite it's beautiful facade...I would NOT recommend that anyone stay there.

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 12:38 PM
Rich

Good for you, Beth! I don't know which Four Seasons you stayed at, but I would be surprised if it was the one in Bev. Hills... Have known several people who have stayed there and they loved it....

Anyway, I had a bad experience at the Le Meridien Hotel in Dallas a couple of years ago. Apparently, Le Meridien bought the hotel from another chain, and did very little to erase that hotel chain's "influence" (the old chain's stickers were on the windows, etc.) I was also handed a notice when I checked in, stating that they would be shutting off the hot water at 11p. for the rest of the night! I was planning to go out for the evening, and the fact that I was never told this when I made my reservation, made for an inconvenience. But even worse than that was the surly and unhelpful staff. I sent a letter to the manager (not asking for anything, mind you), and was sent a curt form letter by the manager essentially saying, "...too bad..."

But, it never hurts to write a letter when you have received unsatisfactory service, as you have seen for yourself. Congratulations, and, by the way, AVOID the Le Meridien Hotel if you are ever in Dallas!