Reload this Page >

Restraurants near JW Marriott or Grand Hyatt

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Paul

I will be travelling near the around the 27th of january and looking for great food and casual atmosphere in the area of the hotels listed.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 02:39 PM
xyz

What city?

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Jen

Hi Paul! I know what city you're visiting ( : A couple of suggestions . . Old Ebbitt Grill and Red Sage are within a couple of blocks of both hotels and are really great. Old Ebbit is American/Continental (great bloody Mary's) and Red Sage is spicy elegant Spanish/Mexican. Have fun!

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Paul

thanks for the info. I also heard about 1789, the Jockey Blub and Jaleo as places to eat in D.C. Any commnets on these. I will be in the area for most of the week and enjoy a variety of styles.

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 07:45 AM
Ruth

Hope you get this for your week in DC. The Jockey Club and 1789 are not casual places nor are they near the area you mentioned. Jaleo is wonderful as is Cafe Atlantico near Jaleo. The Old Ebbitt and Red Sage that another poster mentioned are good and close. Also there's Luigino, a modern Italian, and Capitol City Brewing, which lots of people like--I haven't been in that one but found the one at Union Station very noisy. There's also a fairly new BET restaurant/music place that I have seen but don't really know anything about. Les Halles on Pennsylvania is a French steakhouse and is good. There are other excellent restaurants within say 8 blocks, but I wouldn't call them casual. Enjoy!