Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Restaurants near Radio City (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/restaurants-near-radio-city-484106/)

mckim Nov 3rd, 2004 11:04 AM

Restaurants near Radio City

We're going to the Christmas show at Radio City at the end of November and coming by bus for the day from Virginia. We'll be looking for a place to have lunch before the show and then dinner after the show. We wouldn't have a large amount of time to eat but want something good. Any suggestions?

Ryan Nov 3rd, 2004 11:08 AM

Del Friscos DoubleEagle SteakHouse on 6th and 49th is usually fairly good. It might be a bit pricey.

nytraveler Nov 3rd, 2004 11:37 AM

Sea Grill or Rock Center Cafe - right around the corner and you'll get to see the skaters. For something casual and inexpensive go with Ellen's Stardus Diner (mediocre food - but fun singing wait staff).

Go to menupages.com for more info and choices.

jbrowne Dec 3rd, 2004 05:47 AM

Does anyone know if the Sea Grill
has a children's menu or at least something on the menu that a 7yr old might eat?

nytraveler Dec 3rd, 2004 06:15 AM

I very much doubt if the Sea Grill has a kids menu. I don;t know what your 7 year old likes - but you can see the complete menu at menupages.com to check specifics.

For a kids place you might want to consider Ellen's Stardust - has all the diner type basics - Sea Gill is much more upscale.

Patrick Dec 3rd, 2004 06:26 AM

"Does anyone know if the Sea Grill
has a children's menu or at least something on the menu that a 7yr old might eat?"

These days, you need to be more specific. What 7 year old? In recent weeks I've watched kids that age sit and feast on sushi, calamari, fois gras, and cole slaw (my most hated thing as a child) among other things. My niece tells me her little grandaughter (age 6) is practically addicted to steamed vegetable plates.

mclaurie Dec 3rd, 2004 06:40 AM

Here are is a list of places NY Magazine mentions near Rock Center. If the 7 year old is a girl, the Am. girl cafe is your answer. The website for the Sea Grill is restaurantassociates.com

1. Pulse
This semi-secret restaurant at Sports Club/LA has a bird’s-eye view of the tree and an Asian-accented menu.
45 Rockefeller Plaza, at 50th St.; 212-218-8666
2. Soba Nippon
Nourishing noodles and soothing soups in a peaceful atmosphere.
19 W. 52nd St., nr. Fifth Ave.; 212-489-2525
3. Prime Burger
Swing-tray seating from the last century and petite burgers that hit the spot.
5 E. 51st St., nr. Madison Ave; 212-759-4729
4. Osteria Stella
Pizza, pasta, a $28 prix fixe for early birds, and a bar long enough to accommodate all manner of Yuletide anxieties.
135 W. 50th St., nr. Seventh Ave.; 212-957-5050
5. American Girl Cafe
Face it: Christmas is for the kids. So is this doll emporium and its cutesy-pie café.
609 Fifth Ave., at 49th St.; 212-371-2220

flyfaraway Dec 3rd, 2004 08:42 AM

If you want some steak, Angelo and Maxies is right there on 52nd and 6th! Great mashed potatoes!!

jbrowne Dec 6th, 2004 06:06 PM

mclaurie,

Great suggestion! Yes, the 7yr old is female and the American Girl Cafe sounds perfect. Thanks!

MelissaBeckoff Dec 7th, 2004 09:12 AM

american girl doll cafe will be great

Gekko Dec 7th, 2004 10:16 AM

<b>Heartland Brewery</b> on Sixth Ave at 51st offers a varied menu, from chicken to burgers, pasta and steaks.

And the beer selection is excellent.