Reload this Page >

Restaurants near NY Hilton & Towers, midtown

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:53 PM
mary

I'll be staying at the New York Hilton on Ave. of the Americas near Rockefeller Center and am looking for good, casual restaurants nearby.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Lisa

Well, there are lots of restaurants nearby and you don't specify lunch or dinner or what type of food you like. But here are a few suggestions:

Rue 57 -- french bistro at 57th & 6th.

Frank's -- I think that's what it's called. Next door at the bottom of the Credit Lyonnaise building at 53rd & 6th. Good sandwiches, salads, soups. Nice spot for a casual lunch.

Heartland Brewery -- 51st & 6th (I think) has sandwiches, salads and home-brewed beer.

La Bonne Soupe -- for soup, fondue, etc.

You can also walk over to 9th avenue where there are a whole host of casual, ethnic restaurants with great food.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 05:42 PM
mary

Lisa,
exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Abbey

Lisa, do you know if Frank's or
Heartland Brewery are open for dinner? Can you "ballpark" a price range? Thanks so much for your help!

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Gary

Mary:
There are also several fabulous deli's within a few blocks of the hotel. Explore and you will find.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 04:52 AM
sam

I have a feeling that you were thinking more informal places, but I'd like to add one more place for a nicer time...
Cite is located within blocks (off 6th Ave). It is owned by the Smith & Wollensky chain. It is all you can drink after I believe 8pm of good wines and champagnes. They have all kinds of steaks, fish, etc of a quality that you would expect of a Smith & Wollensky chain. The price with appitizer, dinner, desert and the never ending glass is $60 per person and dress is dress casual (slacks, etc).

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:01 AM
Lorraine

Circo- on 56th between 6th and broadway

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:55 AM
lisa

Abbey -- Frank's (although I'm beginning to think that maybe it's called Lou's???) may not be open for dinner but Heartland Brewery definitely is.

Also, I think I mentioned this in my earlier post, but you should try 9th Ave for lots of great, cheap, ethnic eats.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:01 AM
lisa

I couldn't remember the name of this place I wanted to recommend, but here it is: Uncle Nick's. It's Greek and specializes in grilled fish. YUM! It's on 9th Ave between 50 & 51. Here is a review:

http://www.zagat.com/Search/Details.asp?VID=1&PID=1&LID=14&LSID=33&BRW=22&NDPH=Greek&RID=13311

Old May 29th, 2003, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm topping this because some friends and I will be staying at the NY Hilton next month and we need some restaurants close by. We are coming from Seattle, love trendy new restaurants but already have a reservation at Bolo one night so we are looking for less expensive to mid range for our first night.

Are these recommendations still good ones? Any great "have to check out" new ones? What about bars? We are all mid 30's. I haven't been to NYC since college and my two friends have never been!

Wendy
Old May 30th, 2003, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone, anyone..... Bueller????