restaurants in north Naples and Bonita

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is where we live and we think there're lots of very good restaurants in the area. BUT: one of our favorite cuisines is Chinese (mainly Szechuan) and we've not been able to find one single very good Chinese restaurant anywhere in the area. We keep thinking there must be some. Would love to learn of them! Thanks.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:50 AM

Never found one in seven winters in Pelican Bay. Some decent sushi but no decent Chinese.

Hope you get a good answer because I would enjoy it when I am there.

There is a PF Chang's on 41, but I sense that you would agree with me that PF Chang's is not very Chinese.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:56 AM

ditto to the above comments. We just don't have good Chinese here. A couple people had mentioned the place that's at the Doubletree, near the Pewter Mug -- but have since heard it isn't very good at all.
There's a place across 41 from PFChang's that's simply awful by the way -- I've blocked its Chinese name out of my head.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:59 AM

Oh, but there is a new Vietnamese place called Noodle Saigon that we thought was very good. It's right across from Germain Lexus on the North Trail.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. And yes, we tried PF Chang's and it was mediocre, plus horribly loud. That Doubletree place is called (I think) Charlie Chang's and we tried it too. Even louder than the other one-- and not very good. We do like Vietnamese cooking, so will try Noodle Saigon-- thanks.
But, really, it's weird that there's no good Chinese! (East coast, of course, has lots.)
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 06:10 AM

Having lived in Naples for 30 years, I must say I never see any Chinese people here -- except in one of the handful of mediocre restaurants.

Personally I think PFChang's food is generally very good -- with high standards of freshness and preparation -- but it is NOT very authentic Chinese.