Search

Restaurants in/near Mirage/Caesar's

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2004, 04:40 PM
lvk
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants in/near Mirage/Caesar's

We're staying at the Mirage and catching the Elton John show at Caesar's on a Sunday evening. We'd like a nice NON-BUFFET, non-Italian restaurant for dinner within walking distance (in the July heat). We like different and upscale, but DH would prefer not to don a jacket or tie. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 05:58 PM

Mirage has a really good Japanese restaurant called Mikado. We ate there in May before going to see Jay Leno. We did the hibachi table, and it was very good. The website said jackets were required for men, but hubby was the only guy wearing one, and one couple at our table had on shorts! You'll probably need a reservation, which can be made online or by calling Mirage.

Honestly, take a cab over to Caesar's for your show. With all of the construction going on, the sidewalk on the side of the Strip by Caesar's is closed, so you have to cross the street and make a LONG detour around Harrah's. The only way to beat the heat is to walk the length of the forum shoppes, and that is a long walk! We took a cab over to the Mirage from Caesar's, and hubby still says that was the best $5 we spent in Vegas!
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 07:35 PM

Chinois is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant in the Caesar's Forum.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:49 AM
lvk
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I purposely did not book at Caesar's because I was warned about the construction. Now I'll be even MORE inconvenienced by staying at the Mirage.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 01:56 AM

lvk, we were just at the Mirage in April, and while there was construction in front of Caesar's, we were able to walk out of the Mirage and right into the Forum Shops to get to Caesar's... I certainly did not think it was a long walk at all!! If you're in a walker or elderly, you may have a proble, but you'd have a problem anywhere. It's a city environment, you will have to walk some! The Mirage was a BEAUTIFUL resort in a WONDERFUL location... I actually thought it was the BEST location because it had the newest,best kept areas all around it... no seedy shops ith garbage like many further down the strip (in each direction)!!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 03:24 AM

The construction at Caesar's is all on the outside of the hotel, mostly on the side facing the Strip. We were not inconvenienced by it at all, other than seeing it out of our window. Is it too late to change your reservation?
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 06:37 AM
lvk
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. We booked a package with Southwest, so will not be able to change our reservations. We're only going for 2 nights, so we'll be fine.

BTW, we decided on "808" in Caesar's for dinner based on the info on another thread. Attire is "dressy casual", no jacket required. It's Hawaiian-Asian-Euro fusion (Maybe like Roy's?) Can't wait!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 08:34 AM

Well it looks like you've already made your decision, so no point in recommending anything else. Have a great time! The Celine Dion theater is pretty cool, and as long as you're not in the balcony, you should get a pretty good view of the stage.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 08:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good choice. I ate at 808 a couple of weeks ago during my stay at Caesar's. It was very good - the pan seared scallops and Ahi tuna were excellent, as were the dumpling appetizer and mahi mahi.