Restaurants in Marina Area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is your recommendations for good restaurants around the Marina District. we are staying at Cow Hollow Suites. We especially love good seafood, nice views of the harbour would be a bonus. Also, when we arrive from Uk, it will be equivalent of midnight at home, but trying to stay with the clock to beat jet lag, so where for good tasty snack on first night, without venturing too far?
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 12:20 PM

You need to post a city or better location for this question. There are tons of Marina Districts in the U.S.
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 02:05 PM

Don't fret too much. Nearly anyone who has ever been to San Francisco would think first of THAT Marina District.

There aren't many or really any that I can think of with views. For that you'll need to hop over to Fisherman's Wharf. And I'm exercising my brain to try to remember anything memorable for seafood in the immediate area of Cow Hollow.

For view and good seafood you might head to Ghiradelli Square to McCormick and Schmicks. I'd call ahead to reserve a view table. The seafood is fresh, lots of choices, and quite good.

Beetlenut on Union Street is one of my favorite restaurants --"contemporary" Asian food for sharing in a fun atmosphere. Izzy's has great steaks. Balboa Cafe has good food and really pleasant servers. When you go out the front door of Cow Hollow Suites onto Chestnut, turn right and go just a block. There is a very inexpensive place whose name I can't recall, but it is again stir frys and Asian noodle dishes. It is right next to the cheap pasta place (which I don't particularly recommend). This could be a good place for your first night and quite casual. Go the other direction when you come out the door and go about three blocks. Across the street (Chestnut) on a corner is a place called The Grove which is great for breakfasts. On Steiner Street, near Union Street is Pane Vino which is a really good Italian restaurant.
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

sorry about missing the city - I just assumed because I posted in California, but I suppose your right there will be alot of Marina districts. You were right on Patrick I did mean San Francisco, and thanks for the great advice, I'll make a note of the ones you recommended.
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 11:07 AM
glo

Try E'Angelos on Chestnut St. It's a funky nighborhood italian restaurant, nothing fancy at all, but we like the food there.
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 04:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Patrick, as usual, is right on choices. I'd also recommend Pane e Vino, which is a really close walk for you. They serve northern Italian and do serve fish dishes. I seem to recall a restaurant close by on Lombard St. called Scott's Seafood Bar & Grill, at the corner of Lombard and Scott. Is it still open?

We also loved Cafe Marimba on Chestnut (another close place) which has delicious Oaxacan and Yucatan (Mexican) food with great margharitas.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:47 PM

Izzy's is fantastic!!! I would also suggest that maybe your first night you go to Mel's Drive In. This is a burger place that is done up in a (cheesy) 50's style but it it good, inexpensive, and VERY close to your hotel. They make a good grilled cheese sandwich.

For some reason I think Scotts is closed. For views, maybe head up to Julius Castle (short drive/cab ride) as they have great views.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:35 AM

La Barca's is a mexican restaurant right across the street that's pretty good. The bar in front attracts a younger louder crowd, but the back is sit-down tables.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 04:06 PM

hi! i recommend Ana Mandara (891 Beach Street) in Ghiradelli Square and Betelnut (2030 Union Street) - good fusion food and atmosphere.