restaurants in Healdsburg, CA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any current info on Bistro Ralph, Zins, & Charcuterie in Healdsburg? TripAdvisor has some bad reviews about all 3. And, after reading about the prices @ Cyrus, I think we will pass. I just can't come to grips paying between $500---$800 for two people for dinner!!
dave
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:33 AM

dave - I'm first going in October, so I can't help on the ratings. But, according to Cyrus's website, a four course dinner is $90pp (and a three is $78). We are planning to eat there and expect it to be pricey, but we don't expect to pay $500 - $800. I guess if you do the tasting menu with the wine pairings, it could really spiral.

Where is kim? She's eaten there a number of times. What's the price kim? Now I'm curious.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Here's a link with people's responses about prices.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...alifornia.html

We will also be there in CA during October. 18th--25th to be exact.
dave
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM

Take a look at the restaurant's pdf menu on their website and look at the choices. What do you think the four course for two with one bottle of wine, tax and tip will cost?

We will be in wine country and SF from Oct 10th through the 19th with one night in Healdsburg and three in Nappa.

There are quite a few fodorites who have eaten in all those you've mentioned and I'm sure they will be posting soon.

You can also do a search of the restaurant names under California in the US forum.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 08:29 AM

Dave, we ate there (Cyrus) a year ago and did not pay what you are saying. We *did* pay $400 w/tax and tip for (?) 4 courses w/wine pairings. (I think I am remembering correctly, if it was not 4 it was 5) It was more than sufficient in quantity! And our server was wonderful in helping us make good choices.

We bypassed Charcuterie in favor of Willi's. Char...altho much recommended, seemed rather ordinary in ambiance and the entrees were all in the ~$28 range. Frankly the fun atmosphere and great tapas style menu at Willi's won us over.

However, if this is a special dinner, I recommend biting the bullet for Cyrus or---and I know I may stand somewhat alone here---even nicer, go to Madrona Manor and have dinner on the wonderful veranda/terrace. Heavenly atmosphere and superb food.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 09:49 AM

Ate at Zin about a year ago and enjoyed the food and wine list. Kind of a nosiy place, but we felt we got our money's worth.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM

Hi dave-
Interesting choices - any reason why ?
My current favorites in Healdsburg are Cena Luna, Scopa, Willi's (always), & Ravenous. Madronna Manor
for a special meal and a visit over to Zazu (which is really a tad west
of Santa Rosa, but not far from H'burg)
is a must while you are here.

R5
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM

My wife and I had dinner last New Year's Eve at Cyrus. It only cost us more because it was a New Year's tasting menu.

CP,
I highly recommend Cyus for you and your husband. I would make your reservation well in advance.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:07 PM

andrew8 - I think reservations are 2 mos to the day; I'll be ready. Did you ever eat in the French Laundry or other Napa restaurants? We're considering Redd and Brixx? What about Gary Danko in SF?
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:28 PM

CP,
We had dinner last March at French Laundry for Steely's birthday. The meal was wonderful, would easily go back again.
Gary Danko which we have been to many times is our favorite restaurant in the USA.
I have heard great things about Quince in San Francisco.
We also enjoyed Ad Hoc and Redd in wine country.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Highly recommend Ravenous.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:33 PM

Bistro Ralph reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bistro-ralph-healdsburg

Zin reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/zin-resauran...8NA/query:Zins

Charcuterie reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/healdsburg-c...ry:Charcuterie
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Thanks andrew8 - I will check out Quince.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:38 PM

CP,
Let me know if you have any questions regarding any restaurants in SF as I have been to most of the best.
In my earlier post I meant to say Spruce instead of Quince. We both enjoyed Quince very much.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM

OK andrew8 - 4 nights in SF - where would you eat? And I need a bakery/breakfast cafe type place in Sausalito - ideas?
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 07:13 PM

We love the Lighthouse in Sausalito for breakfast. Don't let the interior fool you, it serves a great breakfast.
Sounds like you may be staying at the Inn above Tide, we loved it there.

For dinner in San Francisco:
Danko
Boulevard
Slanted Door(never been but I hear its hot)
Quince
Fleur De Lys
Spruce

For after dinner Jazz:
Yoshi's
Pearl's

For lunch..Taylors Refresher..great wine tasting in the Ferry Building called the Wine Merchants.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

I've looked at the menu for Cyrus and I believe that the people who paid between $500-$800 must have had the caviar and Champagne and then a couple of bottles of expensive wine. We could probably get away with around $400 for two and I could live with that. I believe we are going to also go to Cena Luna and Zinn's on our other nights in Healdsburg. Thank you to all, I appreciate your time and effort. Now I must go take care of my sunburn as we were at a pool party from noon to midnight yesterday. Also take care of my hangover!
dave
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 06:21 AM

Feel better Dave
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 12:41 PM

dave - hope you're feeling better - use aloe!
We have one night only in Healdsburg and will try Cyrus. I expect it to be under $400, but it depends on the wine list. I can be very happy with a moderately priced wine.

andrew8 - thanks for the list. I am not staying in Sausalito. We are arriving at SFO at night, staying near the airport and heading north early the next morning. I would like to go thru Sausalito and stop for breakfast before onto Muir Woods, etc. A great local place is just what I'm looking for.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 01:28 PM

CP,
You may want to pick up the September issue of the National Geographic Traveler which features on the cover, "Classic San Francisco, 46 Places Locals Love."
They mention Spruce and Slanted Door which I suggested to you earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -