RESTAURANTS IN FT.LAUDERDALE.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE ARE LOOKING FOR GOOD FOOD IN THE "MEDIUM" PRICE RANGE...
THANKS,AVIVA.
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 03:22 PM

Ft. Lauderdale is big and spread out. Any particular area? I'm not familar with any restaurants there, but when in doubt hit your local library for a travel guide. I just did that as we're headed for Key West next Saturday.
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 05:57 PM

agreed, ft lauderdale is spread out and has lots of different "districts". Las olas is the hot spot with quite a few restaurants, the beach is another. Maggianos Italian is supposed to be good, the W is the new vibey place, Trina's on the beach...there are so many places in ft lauderdale you have to figure out what you want and where
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 08:03 AM

Will you have a car? We visited there over this past MLK long weekend and found some outstanding and quite reasonable places to eat (and we are budget travelers).

We loved Southport Raw Bar, it's on a canal (river?) and great people watching, as they are pulling up in their boats and hopping out. My friend had oysters on the half shell and I had boiled shrimp . . . very good.

Another was the Rustic Inn for crab legs . . . a fun place to go, the sampler is about $32 but enough for 2 unless you're a big eater. We loved Humberto's Italian, had the best pizza ever and everything that went by us looked/smelled delicious.

The Sea Watch is right on the beach, a very nice, upscale place . . . but their lunches are cheap and delish. All of these have websites so you can see the menus.

I reviewed these over on TripAdvisor, if you want more detailed info. All of these places except Humberto's were recommended to us by family who live there . . . Humberto's was rec by our wonderful hotel manager. We stayed at the Shore Haven Inn in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and highly recommend it.

Good luck,
Sandy (in Denton)
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanking all of you.We are going to be in Sunrise and we will have a car.We will defintly try some of these restaurants.
Aviva.