Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Restaurants in Bellagio (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/restaurants-in-bellagio-349379/)

bbonz2 Aug 19th, 2003 04:52 AM

Restaurants in Bellagio

There are many restaurants in Bellagio.

Which one would you recommend of all of them.

Thanks

Scarlett Aug 19th, 2003 05:10 AM

We go to Circo most often. (Tuscan)
Picasso is wonderful. (French)
Olives is a great lunch (sit outside if you can), it was a little too hectic and noisy for dinner.
Shintaro is good if you like Japanese.
We are usually in LV on my birthday and always eat at Circo that night..they do a nice little birthday dessert and the service is impeccable..have fun!

Branv Aug 19th, 2003 05:21 AM

I really cannot recommend Olives. We made a reservation way in advance for a special occasion dinner, and the service was absolutely horrific. Our waiter simply disappeared for most of the meal and we kept having to find him to get someone to refill our drinks. Courses took forever to arrive...and of course, those were brought by someone else, and our waiter didn't bother to even make sure that everything was delivered okay. I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot...just take my order, bring my food, don't let my drink sit empty and ask maybe once or twice if everything is ok...not too hard. This waiter did NOT belong in this level..maybe Chili's...and maybe not even there. The food was completely unimpressive (even my SALAD was too salty, and I am a sodium-aholic). The noise level IS horrific...we were at a small two seater and could not hear each other. I've eaten at an Olives on the east coast, and this was NOT even close to being as good. There are just much better places to be had. BTW: you cannot make reservations for a certain seat (i.e. patio or window) though they will "write down your preference"...so you may show up and not get a view of the fountains. Stick to one of the others which were recommended for a much better view. Or try, I think it was called Mon Ami? In Paris, across from the fountains. MUCH better.

Scarlett Aug 19th, 2003 05:28 AM

Branv, that is awful! What a bummer:(
We eat in Olives every time we are in LV, mostly because it is in the hotel we stay in. But I do agree, dinners can be hectic and noisy, but lunches are fine.
Too bad about your experience, that has never happened to us but I would probably never go back again either!

Loki Aug 19th, 2003 05:36 AM

Picasso,

Great service, great food, ask table up front with a great fountain view. We were seated and ordered drinks while we looked at the menu and apparently a table had opened up right in front of the windows with a great view. The hostess came by and asked if we would like to move to the better table with out ever having mentioned wanting a better table.

simpsonc510 Aug 19th, 2003 06:05 AM

Circo, for sure! The food is great, the view of the water show is pleasant, service is superb, and then there is dessert... to die for! Definitely Circo.

rwilliams Aug 19th, 2003 07:43 AM

Depends in part on your favorite cuisine.
Picasso is great if you like nouveau French and a very quiet environment.
I like the whimsical feeling of Circo.
Personally I've had good experiences at Olives, and the veranda seating makes it even better.
Food quality-wise, Mon Ami Gabi at paris (mentioned above) is definitely no better than Olives. Not that either place is among the top 15 restaurants in LV by any means.
Prime is wonderful if you're a meat lover. Great ambience.

hellothere Aug 19th, 2003 07:56 PM

Hadlunch at Olives -excellent service and very good food - did not notice it being loud - sat inside with a view of the fountains - too hot to sit outside. I would certainly recommend them for lunch.