Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/restaurant-recommendations-for-ft-lauderdale-1025815/)

cmcfong Sep 18th, 2014 08:48 AM

Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale

I am coordinating my high school reunion. We will be staying at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. Most will prefer to walk to restaurants. I would appreciate any recommendations of restaurants within a mike or so of the Riverside. If there is something fabulous that will require a cab, I welcome that information as well.
I would particularly like a good recommended breakfast spot and if there is an exceptional ice cream shop, tell me about that, too, please.
Thank you.

Myer Sep 18th, 2014 09:23 AM

I don't know how many people will try to go to the same place at the same time.

Most are not gigantic.

The Riverside has a restaurant. There's a Cheesecake Factored just west of the hotel.

The other way is Mango's.

Across the street La Bonne Crepe, Big City Tavern and Le Café de Paris.

Many others as well.

cmcfong Sep 18th, 2014 11:01 AM

The large group meals have been arranged. I am looking for suggestions to give the class members for those meals they arrange on their own.

Dukey1 Sep 18th, 2014 11:34 AM

Well, you've been GIVEN quite a few recommendations already, Cmcfong. I suppose we could include Rocco's Tacos and places like that also on Las Olas...there are all sorts of places within walking distance from the Riverside.

Dukey1 Sep 18th, 2014 11:35 AM

Fork and Balls is another supposed "hot" place to eat right now.

cmcfong Sep 18th, 2014 12:14 PM

I have noted the recommendations made. Thank you.

I intended to clear up that I was not looking to arrange large group meals, that has been done.

I welcome any other suggestions.

Scarlett Sep 18th, 2014 02:02 PM

cmcfong, I will give you some too if you like, if you need any more .. my daughter lives in Fl and is always going out to eat with friends . ((F))

cmcfong Sep 18th, 2014 02:06 PM

Thank you, Scarlett.

NeoPatrick Sep 18th, 2014 03:09 PM

Don't get to Lauderdale much any more and I'm still pouting about the closing of Mark's Las Olas. S Jackson Steakhouse still open?

cmcfong Sep 18th, 2014 03:30 PM

Yelp website says it is closed.

wekewoody Sep 18th, 2014 03:43 PM

Have a great time and eat well!

cmcfong Sep 18th, 2014 03:49 PM

Thanks, wekewoody. It will be a great trip.

IMDonehere Sep 18th, 2014 07:11 PM

We have had a few family functions at Bimini Boatyard. Casual but with attentive service.

cmcfong Sep 19th, 2014 03:25 AM

Thank you.

IMDonehere Sep 19th, 2014 07:54 AM

We will be visiting Ft.Lauderdale soon and will be having lunch with friends who are in the restaurant business and we are meeting them at The Rustic Inn with whom they have no affiliation. I will be curious to see what that is like.

We have also eaten at Billy's Stone Crab directly on the Intercostal. Fun place.

cmcfong Sep 19th, 2014 08:08 AM

Please share your impressions with me. We are a big group and will be there for a while so I would like to have suggestions for my classmates for the meals which aren't part of the reunion activities. I would especially like suggestions for breakfast.
Enjoy your trip.

rncheryl Sep 19th, 2014 02:21 PM

For Breakfast: The Floridian and Lester's Diner

cmcfong Sep 19th, 2014 04:45 PM

Thank you, Cheryl.

IMDonehere Sep 19th, 2014 06:13 PM

Have fun.

schmerl Sep 20th, 2014 06:16 AM

We like going for lunch at the Blue Moon fish Company. It's right on the intercoastal. We like to sit by the water and watch the boats go by.