Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Restaurant in Kauai (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/restaurant-in-kauai-611487/)

smileysarah Apr 28th, 2006 04:21 PM

Restaurant in Kauai

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in Kauai to go for dinner after my finace and I get married?

Kal Apr 28th, 2006 04:37 PM

Yes.

Kal Apr 28th, 2006 04:39 PM

ooops.....the one time I'm NOT trying to clown around...pre-mature post-alation!

Where will you be getting married on Kauai?

Doubt you'd like to spend time driving down to Poipu from P'ville or visa versa right after getting married.

smileysarah Apr 28th, 2006 04:52 PM

Actually we have not decided on a site yet. Any suggestions for that, preferably a beach.
Thanks

TahitiTams Apr 28th, 2006 04:59 PM

I posted to your other message..I am getting married in Poipu at Shipwreck Beach,so I am having my dinner at Tidepools Restaurant where my husband and I and are friends can walk up from the beach to our Hotel and let the Champagne begin!
kauai.hyatt.com

kauai_keiki Apr 30th, 2006 09:34 AM

TahitiTams... Ooooo... Tidepools is soooo nice at night. You picked the perfect spot in my opinion!

iamq Apr 30th, 2006 05:31 PM

Thank god Kal. I thought I was the only one with that problem. I feel better knowing that I am not alone.

How about having a private dinner on the beach at the Princeville Hotel? Having dinner at Cafe Hanalei on the terrace as the sun sets is pretty frakkin amazing too. Getting married at Hanalei Bay would be unforgettable, as would tieing the knot on the cliffs in Princeville overlooking Hanalei Bay.

-Bill

kakalena May 1st, 2006 12:57 PM

Tidepools

SandratheGardener May 2nd, 2006 10:20 AM

Hi Sarah,

We went to Kauai for our honeymoon last year and ate at both Tidepools and The Beach House. We liked them both - spent about $120 to $130 on dinner for two, including wine and dessert for each of us.

Here's a link for The Beach House. It definitely had the better view, but both were great.

http://www.the-beach-house.com/

visormom May 3rd, 2006 02:08 PM

Big Kal....the "nurse" has a cure for folks like YOU...:) LMAO!!!!

I agree with Billy...Cafe Hanalei or the beach if at the P'Ville...

Beach House or Tidepools if staying on the south end of the island...

The "Beach" dinner is soooo romantic!!!

Best wishes....visormom

iceeu2 May 3rd, 2006 03:54 PM

sarah,,,,whatever you do....eat b4
9 p.m.

The real icee came home today telling me that a young girl who works with him is getting married on Kauai next week. He advised her to eat early....after 9 pm....it's all over!

Congrats.....have you decided on a location to be married yet?

((r))i'2

Kal May 4th, 2006 05:50 PM

9pm Kauai time or 9pm your hometown time? :-?

bluefan May 4th, 2006 08:21 PM

iceeu2:
"eat b4 9p.m." becuz the honeymoon festivities should start every night by then? >:-) or becuz the island shuts down by then? :-<

suzanhh May 4th, 2006 09:38 PM

I couldn't agree more with the BaliHai restaurant, turn into the Princeville Resort road and the BaliHai is just to the left before you get to Princeville. BaliHai is THE best spot in Kauai to celebrate a honemoon, actually the resort seems really well keps too and has hawaiian music in the bar nightly and jazz on Sundays. We eat there at least once on every trip to kauai. Go early and get a seat at the open air window, you will likely see a rainbow along with the sunset.

Princeville resort is great too would be a lovely beach to get married on. Its a short walk to BaliHai along the beach from one resort to the next.

Poipu just isn't my favorite spot but everybody is different. Later have a burger at Dukes near the airport fun happy hour and people watching. Perfect honemoon place. Don't forget a Helicopter ride, soo much beauty to see.

gmac May 5th, 2006 06:50 AM

I was married at the "tidepools" on Annini Beach and had a reception dinner at Bali Hai. There were 5 other people with us, and they all loved dinner. Bali Hai went out of their way to make us feel special. I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding.

amelie May 5th, 2006 06:57 AM

I agree with what SandratheGardener said.

On our honeymoon in 04 we ate at both Tidebools and The Beach House and spent about the same as she put (better than the $200 dinners we had on Maui!). I really enjoyed both and it would be hard to pick, except that The Beach House has that gorgeous/amazing view!

Happy honeymooning!