Restaurant French Quarter, New Orleans

Old Feb 18th, 1998, 07:57 AM
Phoebe

Restaurant French Quarter, New Orleans

Looking for a moderate priced French Quarter, NO, restaurant for 4 women to have great food and fun. Would like to leave knowing we experienced the "flavor" of New Orleans.

Old Feb 18th, 1998, 02:19 PM
Amie

The Quarter is great!! I have family there and have been about 10 times or so. The Gumbo Shoppee is a really nice price and great food with moderate prices. For a really good PO'Boy (which you must try if you have not had one, shrimp, catfish or oyter!) go to Acme Oyster Bar. It is not a realy clean place, but great food. You really can not go wrong with food in New Orleans! Have a great time!

Old Feb 20th, 1998, 08:31 AM
Tom

Phoebe--it depends if you're dining at lunch or dinner. Galatoire's and Antoine's both have lunch specials on weekdays (except Galatoire's on Friday) making an ordinarily pricey meal very reasonable. For a great experience at a modest price, try the Napoleon House and order a half of a muffellata with an Abita Amber to drink; it is a favorite with locals and tourists alike. If you give me an idea of your price range, I can pass on more suggestions. Tom in NOLA

Old Feb 21st, 1998, 07:18 AM
pam

We go to New Orleans at least once a year and have friends that live in the Quarter. The best restaurant we have found in the last year is called Petunia's right off Bourbon St. It is small, in an old house, with wonderful service and food. The prices were reasonable and the server knew a lot about affordable nice wines.

Have fun. Don't forget to drink a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens

Old Feb 21st, 1998, 07:18 AM
pam

We go to New Orleans at least once a year and have friends that live in the Quarter. The best restaurant we have found in the last year is called Petunia's right off Bourbon St. It is small, in an old house, with wonderful service and food. The prices were reasonable and the server knew a lot about affordable nice wines.

Have fun. Don't forget to drink a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens

Old Feb 24th, 1998, 06:27 PM
Eileen

Ditto on the Gumbo Shop. It's excellent, & just down the street from Pat O'briens. Their gumbo, etoufee & french bread are great, & very reasonable. I also recommend going to The Court of Two Sisters for their saturday brunch, especially since it's a group of women. I also went there with a similar group & we sat outside, ate & drank for hours. We loved it! Be sure & make reservations, though. I also highly recommend Galatoire's and their redfish hollandaise- one of the best meals I've ever put in my mouth! It is very much a local place. Napolean House also has some incredible Bloody Mary's if you make it there. Have fun- I love N.O.!

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 06:25 AM
Michael Shallies

Here I am trying to post a message about San Diego and New Orleans keeps drawing me in. So little time so much great food. Ditto on Galatoires and Arnauds. If you don't get the special though it is not going to bre moderately priced. Central Grocery for a muffelata is not exactly a beautiful sit down experience but you will get the flavor of New Orleans. Tujagues will definitely give you that New Orleans feel.