Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Restaurant and parking near Baltimore's 1st Mariner Arena
Notices

Restaurant and parking near Baltimore's 1st Mariner Arena

Dec 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Restaurant and parking near Baltimore's 1st Mariner Arena

Attending the Rockettes Thurs. evening with 4 year old granddaughter and her great grandmother. Any ideas for convenient restaurant and parking near 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore??
Dec 14th, 2009, 08:33 AM

Pam, there is a garage attached to the arena which is entered along Howard Street in the block north of Lombard Street. It's pretty easy to get in and out of. There is also a large one at the southeast corner of Lombard and Howard, right across the street. Unfortunately you're not going to find a large number of nice restaurants in the blocks right around the arena.

If you want to park and walk, it might be a little difficult, particularly with a 4-year old and a great grandmother, since there is nothing really close by. What about the possibility of dining outside of the downtown area and then just driving straight to the arena, or parking and dining at or near the Inner Harbor, which is going to have Christmas decorations, then taking a cab to the arena (about 5- 10 blocks)?
Dec 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Smetz - exactly the info I was needing. I wonder if it is less expensive to park in the Inner Harbor or near 1st Mariner (or about the same).
Dec 14th, 2009, 08:56 AM

I think during the day it would be more expensive at the harbor, but since there is an event going on at the arena, it may be less expensive to park near the harbor that evening. My wife and daughter were just at the arena last week to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra, and my wife told me it was $20 to park, but I'm not sure where. I doubt that it would be any more at the harbor, and quite possibly less.

The Gallery at Harborplace has a large underground garage, and I think they have reduced evening parking rates. It's usually busy and always open, & when it's late you can go in and out through the Renaissance hotel lobby. Their website says you can call them at (410) 547-1537 to get their daily rates. And The Gallery is right there at sort of ground zero for the Xmas decorations at the Harbor.

Search this Thread