Renting bikes in the Grand Teton

Jul 19th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Renting bikes in the Grand Teton

We'll be in the Grand Teton for a week (our second trip to the park) and are thinking of renting bicycles ("regular" ones, not mountain bikes) for one day. I know they're available at Dornan's in Moose. Has anyone done it...and would you recommend it?
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:47 AM

Call me 'skairdycat' but with the amount of traffic and/or big campers (with big side mirrors), I would not unless there is a dedicated bike path or some 'no cars' trail.
Jul 19th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, maryann, but obviously that wasn't what I was hoping to hear! Anyone else?
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:03 PM

There is a dirt road, that we took frequently, call the' Moose-Wilson'road, It was gravel and only travelled by locals (they drove fast) but it was a real country road, you might enjoy that.

My info. is 5 yrs old ask at Moose. Go in the bar/rest. there, to have a beer with the scenery all around you is the best!
Jul 20th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

My followup research tends to agree with maryann! However, one source recommends Antelope Flats, about a mile north of Moose Junction, for biking. This may be the same one that maryann was referring to in her second posting.
If anyone has any further experience, his/her info will be appreciated.