Renting baby stuff--Fort Myers area

Feb 10th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Original Poster

Renting baby stuff--Fort Myers area

Anyone know anything about this? My brother will be visiting the parents in Cape Coral and they were thinking about renting a high chair, port-a-crib etc. if there is a place to do that.

I told my Mom I would check it out as I know if it's out there. someone on this board will know about it.

Thanks.
Feb 10th, 2006, 03:33 AM

Go to the Taylor Rental website - there are several stores near or in Cape Coral.

That said, renting baby stuff is expensive - sometimes if visit is a week or longer, it is cheaper to buy it! Some sort of crib is essential, but car seat or stroller can double as a high chair for a visit - and they will probably be bringing one or both of these with them.
Feb 10th, 2006, 03:34 AM

Another thought - if parents are members of any church or synagoge that offers child care during services, they often have multiples of these items and might be willing to loan - I know my church has.
Feb 10th, 2006, 04:18 AM

Maybe buy at a quality second-hand store and then donate to charity when finished with it?

Feb 10th, 2006, 04:19 AM

....or sell it back if the $$ are needed.
Feb 10th, 2006, 06:32 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. My Mom did try the Taylor rental place but apparently they only have high chairs. I think the portable crib is the essential item at this point.

I know Mom will ask around but figured I would also get worthwhile suggestions. They have a month to figure this one out. Thanks
Feb 10th, 2006, 07:35 AM

A really quick search at walmart, kmart. target and babysRUs websites shoed many portable cribe/play-yards at prices starting at $40 - hard to imagine one could rent one for less than that.
Feb 10th, 2006, 07:36 AM

Is there a "Once Upon a Child" nearby? They sell used stuff.