Search

what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to do?

My husband and I are going to San Diego for a Sat.to Tuesday. We want to go to the Zoo,Wild Animal Park, and do a little sightseeing. Should we buy a go-card for san diego, or join the zoo, or just pay as we go. It is all so confusing?
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:13 PM

I can't help with your specific questions, but you might want to repost with "San Diego" in the title of your post. You'll get better responses that way.

Lee Ann
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:45 PM

Hi,

We recently (This past summer) took a cruise that docked in San Diego and let me tell you I love this city.

You have to take a few hours and go see the Midway. It is an old WWII Aircraft carrier that you take a self guided, audio tour of. It was amazing. Complete with a loaded flight decks worth of planes.

Also the gas lamp district was fun.

Hope you have a great time in this wonderful city.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:45 PM

you need at least 2 full days to explore all he major gorgeous areas of SD. and you need a day for each of the parks. i would pick the wild animal park since the zoo is not that different from other zoos overall. discount cards are rarely worth it. they usually only make sense if you go to almost every single thing that it's good for.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 06:34 PM

We enjoyed the Wild Animal Park more than the zoo. Both are good, however.
The Wild Animal Park is a little way outside of the city. Do the tour where you get to feed the Giraffe and Rhino's. You might even want to spend the night there (actually in the park in a tent they provide)
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the answers,everyone. I think we will join the zoo, as membership for the two of us is cheaper that paying the price at the wild animal park and the zoo. I can finally jusify my husband buying that expensive digital camera now. Thanks again.
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM

I personally like the Zoo over the Wild Animal Park. It can be hot at the Wild Animal Park depending on when you are going. I live in the vicinity of th Wild Animal Park so know about the heat. This week hasn't been too bad but if you are visiting in Sept there still could be some days in the 90's.

I think you should choose either the Zoo or Wild Animal Park because it takes almost a full day to do each one. I second visiting the Midway. I took my Dad there because he is a Navy veteran. I didn't think I'd like it all that much and it turned out to be one of my favorite things in San Diego.

Also spend some time in Coronado. Go the Hotel Del Coronado and have lunch on their patio. Don't miss La Jolla, it has some of the most beautiful views. Have lunch at Brockton Villa or George's at the Cove on their Terrace.