I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LOS ANGELES TO RENO
- 2 Where would you go in March?
- 3 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 4 I need help
- 5 Saratoga Springs, NY
- 6 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 7 5 day trip to Portland Maine in October
- 8 Expedia
- 9 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 10 Southern Oregon route
- 11 RV Grand Canyon
- 12 NASHVILLE AND MEMPHIS..A FEW QUESTIONS
- 13 Oklahoma City to El Paso
- 14 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 15 Lunch on the North Shore Kauai
- 16 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 17 Las Vegas TR
- 18 10 day California Trip in July
- 19 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 20 New York in 5 days
- 21 Newport Beach restaurants
- 22 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 23 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 24 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 25 Italian Provisions