Rent-a-car Companies and Orbitz.com

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:34 AM
huge

Rent-a-car Companies and Orbitz.com

Have you ever heard of these rent-a-car company?

Ace Rent a Car
Interamerican Car Rental
Payless Car Rental

Are they reliable? Can they be trusted?
Has anybody ever used Orbitz to rent a car?
Thanks!

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 09:27 AM
paul

After seeing Ace Rent a Car on Orbitz, I posted about that company and did not get much response. This told me to stay with the known companies. I have never heard of Ace or Interamerican but Payless is a national chain that I have heard of before. The prices on Orbitz are no different than anywhere else I have looked for rental car prices so in my mind there is really no reason to use them.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 10:45 AM
susie

I used hotwire.com or priceline.com, can't remember which one, for a car in Seattle. Got it much cheaper and ended up being with National. Must have been priceline since i bid about 15.00 per day and got it. Was surprised. For ecomomy. Going rate at time was much higher.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Harriett

I've used Hotwire several times and have been very pleased with their prices and service. The cars I got were actually through Hertz, and the Hertz agents were VERY impressed with the prices I got. I do know that I've always gotten a better rate than the ones available through Hertz, either online or by phone.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 01:04 PM
small

huge: the only Payless I know is a discount shoe store. Maybe they rent you a pair of running shoes in lieu of a car.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 05:42 PM
laugh

Stick with hotwire and priceline.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 05:58 AM
bob

stay away from payless in miami. i rented from them in december and they didnt give me the car i had ordered and it took almost an hour to get picked up at the airport then they take you to a dinky hotel where they have a little booth

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Larry

I used Hotwire and got a price of $18.69
daily for a Full sized car in Reno.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Joseph

I've rented from Interamerican several times and never had any problems at all. I would recommend it.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 10:58 AM
george

stay away from payless

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:48 AM
x

Used Payless a dozen or so times in DC and never had a problem. Chrysler vehicles, I think.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:44 AM
seymour

try hotwire but these days I can't get any quotes on hotwire because they don't have cars the days I need them.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 03:50 PM
ricky

i've never even heard of InterAmerican and Payless!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:13 AM
Eugene

I rented from Payless in Orlando and have only great things to say about the company. I took them all of 3 minutes to get us on a shuttle; there were no people at the counter (it was 9 a.m. or so)...we were sitting in our car some 20 minutes after picking up our luggage at the airport. And the price we got was unbeatable - $85/week for a Dodge Neon (they consider it a midsize).

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:52 AM
Genna

Stay away from small rent a car companies they are usually trouble. Stick with the major companies, they are much more reliable. I've had great service & prices with Dollar Rent A Car.
I love their Boston location!