Reload this Page >

Renaissance Wailea, Maui can anyone tell me about this complex

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 09:34 AM
Cheryl

Are considering the above property. Would appreciate any information I can get. Really wanted to stay in condo, however, Renaissance is a great deal with EB discount. would like to stay in wailea area and have not found any condos of interest. Would love input

thanks

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 09:45 AM
Lani

Cheryl,

It's just the best! We've spent three vacations there, and will go back next year. Gorgeous tropical gardens, lovely "normal" (not Disneyesque) pools, and beautifully situated jacuzzis, surrounded by greenery. Very tropical, Hawaiian, open-air. Has the fabulous Maui Onion Restaurant by the pool - onion rings to die for! And the Palm Court restaurant is excellent, with a breakfast buffet that's so superb! You're on the wonderful Wailea beaches with the boardwalk running the length of all the resorts. The rooms are lovely, with really nice baths. Be sure to spring for an oceanview (although I've stayed in a mountain view room, and that view was very nice). It's worth it to look over the pools, gardens, ocean, and at one in the morning, with a big moon, the view will take your breathe away, and you'll know why you've flown ALL THAT WAY! Have never talked to anyone who was disappointed in this resort, especially for the value that you get with the E. Card (also check Marriott Rewards Rates - free to join - Believe it or not, last summer, they beat even the E. Rates!)

If I can answer any specific questions, please post back!

Aloha,

Lani

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 10:20 AM
lisa

Hi Cheryl. I did a search of old threads using the words "Renaissance Wailea" and brought up a lot of great, glowing reviews of this place, so we booked it for October. Also using the Entertainment book rate. Seems unbeatable for the price. We found some places that were less expensive but none that got the kind of wonderful reviews the Renaissance Wailea did -- also found some places that got better reviews but those were twice the price!

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:48 PM
Penni C

Cheryl,

We stayed at the Renaissance Wailea in 97 and it was AWESOME!! Service was excellent, ALL of the restuarants were superb and with the savings of E. you just couldn't beat it. We had fresh fruit that was to die for in our room as a WELCOME when we checked-in. The toiletries in the bath are wonderful. I don't think you will be disapointed. Rooms are very large (just a standard) with a large lani. Garden paths throughout the property give you plenty of privacy to walk through with that someone special. Beach is a few mere steps from the pool and Maui Onion.
We left Maui and went to Kauai for a couple of days and stayed at the Hanalei Bay Resort - which is supposed to be a TOP end resort and Is very nice, but was far below the beautiful and gracious site that we experienced at the Renaissance in Wailea.
Have fun.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:54 PM
scigirl

Hi - I was just booking a trip to Maui for the weekend (I live in Oahu). Anyhow, you might want to call the hotel before booking a room. The information I got off Expedia was that their pool is under construction (and closed), which is why currently they have very low room rates. Of course, the ocean will still be "open" for swimming. We decided to stay at the Sheraton instead....If the pool isn't a big deal to you, the current room rates were fantastic.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 02:17 PM
Lani

SciGirl,

I had not heard that the pool at Renaissance was under construction. Are you sure you don't mean the Maui Marriott - Kaanapali, their sister hotel? I know that's the situation that hotel is experiencing. It's my understanding that people who tried to book at Maui Marriott were steered to Renaissance because of this. I think I will call a friend at the Renaissance Reservations to make sure! Will post back!

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Lani

I'm back! The pool is NOT CLOSED at Renaissance, it's the Marriott that's under reconstruction. Just talked with a friend at Renaissance, all is fine there!

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Debi

Does anyone know if the Renaissance has a wedding coordinator like some of the other hotels in Maui? I can't find it mentioned anywhere - but it seems like most of them do. Has anyone gotten married there? Thanks for the info!!

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 09:39 PM
KS

Debbie-
My husband & I stayed at the Renaissance last Sept. During our 7 day stay we saw at least half a dozen weddings. Some on the beach and others in their lovely garden next to a waterfall. Contact the hotel directly and ask for their wedding coordinator. They must have one.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 05:16 AM
Debi

Thank you very much for the info. I will contact them. I did check their website - but if they don't specifically have one, I bet they'll recommend someone. I should have that of that!