Reload this Page >

"Regency Club" at Hyatt in Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Molly

Has anybody stayed in one of these rooms? It's about $70 more per room and you get continental breakfast, cocktails, & I don't know what else.

Just wondering if it was worth it.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:50 AM
sn

I stayed in/had access to the Regency Club at the Hyatt Kauai on my honeymoon and it was worthwhile. The lounge room is nice, not quite like a Ritz Carlton concierge lounge, but nice just the same--a library feel with lots of books, magazines and a nice view of the grounds and ocean with a lovely porch. We didn't go there at breakfast because we had the buffet included in our rate. But the happy hour/cocktail presentations were great--tasty beef ribs one night, sushi the next, lots of different food presentations. Lots of nice desserts as well. The concierge was very helpful in setting up outside excursions, getting weather reports for the northside of the island, dinner reservations, etc. I guess it depends if the $70 is a lot of money to you-- but if you have a few "free" cocktails, you've almost made it worthwhile, considering that drinks are pretty expensive in the resort lounges. I also can't remember but I think we either got free access to the spa or preferential massage times because of the Regency Club (which happens to be right next to the spa).

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:55 AM
x

Is that $70 per room per night? Man that's a lot of "free" drinks.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Molly

Thanks. That helps a lot. When you break it down, it seems worth it.

$35/per person (per day)

What kind of drinks for Happy Hour? Open bar? We're like having a couple of drinks in the evening, and I imagine how fast that will add up at the Hyatt.

Continental breakfast? Probably juice & muffins (?) Not a big buffet, but in Hawaii, that could be expensive, too. We're not big buffet eaters. I wonder what the breakfast includes.

Thanks for the info.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:06 AM
sn

I think it's open bar--we only drink beer and wine so I can't recall exacty. We're not big buffet eaters either but it was included in our rate. Likely, the concierge lounge is continental which is sufficient. Generally, we would have a big breakfast, skip lunch and hit the concierge lounge for a late afternoon snack and then have a late dinner--we nearly always seemed to be the last people at Roy's eating.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Patty

I can't tell you what the differences are between the RC rooms and standard rooms as we were upgraded to a suite. The RC lounge serves continental breakfast and afternoon hors d'ouerves/drinks. The breakfast is more than just muffins and juice, there were other offerings plus fresh fruit. We ate breakfast there every morning and are not big eaters - it was more than enough for us. We also only had beer and wine so can't remember if they offered mixed drinks or not. The RC lounge concierge can make restaurant, golf, spa, and other activity reservations for you.